Merville Beach Hotel
Casa Florida Hotel(Pereybere)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
$1,037
$1,007
$266
$242
Agoda.com
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa(Pointe aux Canonniers)
$347
$237
$544
clubmed.us
2,650 results
All reviewstony duvalsuperior roomwater sportshalf boardboat housestar hotelwater skiingdolphin tripbeautiful beachmain buildingour honeymoonglass bottom boatswim with dolphinsthree starboathouse staffport louisbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a holiday in S Africa and Mauritius.
Staff were keen to offer the chance of an upgrade on arrival but declined the invite and stuck to our room It was a second floor partial garden and ocean view. Perhaps trimming the trees a little more would have made this an even better room. Of course a couple of more improvements would also have benefited the experience. Bathroom in way of some attention - chipped sink is not a winner and 2 tone grout and dirty shower head are not attractive. Finally rooms need cleaned thoroughly including removal of bugs and lizards before arrival - not with a fly spray at 10 pm! However that said the rest of the hotel was fine - the beach and water sports provided were excellent. The restaurant and bar were good, not brilliant. Staff were very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: towards the beach not at the front of the hotel or side garden.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

02 February, 2013

Mr/Madame,

Thank you for choosing Merville Beach during your recent stay in Mauritius.
Your comments and suggestions have been analysed and discussed by our team and rest assured that appropriate actions will be taken where required.
I would also like to mention that our bungalow rooms have been refreshed and we shall soon start refreshing the deluxe rooms as well and hopefully the works in these rooms will be completed by mid 2013.

I personally appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Merville Beach , in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a really good 3 star hotel. The staff cannot do enough for you. All staff have one aim.....that is to make your holiday enjoyable. We arrived early expecting to wait for our room. To out delight we were told that it was ready. The whole fifteen days we were there we were not dissapointed. The evening meals are buffet, if you wanted something individual it was not an issue and the food did not dissapoint..We have stayed at higher rated hotels but the staff were not as friendly.The location is idilic. We used the boathouse which supplied the watersports and boat trips. This again had staff who fell over themselves to meet your requirements. Cant wait to go back. We stayed in a beachfront deluxe room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Sir/Madam,

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to comment on the facilities offered.
Moreover, we are pleased to see that you intend to come back therefore do not hesitate to contact me personally in case you need assistance whatsoever.
In the meantime, do rest assure of our hospitality at all times.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

we spent 10 days in this hotel.
When U arrive, nobody is really taking care of U;
One person pick up the passports wihout explaining anything.
Then 15 min later, the person is back and you get your key.
We chose a so called superior room.
My goodness: if this is a superior romm, what is a standard one?
After un packing, I sat onthe balcony to read a book.
Wrong choice: the guys painted the white plastic chair to hide the stains.
I got that nice white paint on my swimming shorts.
The room was very noisy and we had to get rid of so many ants.
A/C is necessary as it reduces the outside noise.
We changed room the next day.
Same problem with the A/C.
The buffets in the evenings were very good.
Plenty of food, fine cuisine, that was OK.
But the personnel is not helpful.
they smile once a day, and I don't know when it is.
When you want a table by the pool, it's often occupied...... while in fact, it's just spared for " friends".
The breakfast: you have to call several times to get the coffee or tea.
Some guys just turn their head away pretending not seeing you.
And finally, the guys from the boat house are very, very nice.
Good Luck

Room Tip: Avoid at any cost room 504
1  Thank fbolper
Tony D, General Manager at Merville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

25 January, 2013

Thank you for staying at Merville Beach on your recent visit to Mauritius and for taking the time to comment on our facilities.

I have noted your excellent comments and I will personally deal with each one of them, with the relevant department heads concerned. Our purpose is “ Helping People Celebrate Life “ and I must express my disappointment that you did not appreciate the attitude of some of our team members. I trust that you will find this greatly improved on future visits.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that our Superior rooms will undergo a soft refurbishment during the course of the year and hope will enjoy the changes made.

As always, I assure you of the hospitality, and assistance from all the Merville Beach team and I look forward to personally meeting up with you, on your return visit to Mauritius, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wow. Such a disappointment.

I went to merville with my now, fiancé in December 2012.

Let me break it down:
Beach: very nice. The old guy who runs the boat house is extremely rude and full of himself.

Room: Fine. Tiny TV

Restaurant: Food is crap. You can taste the food has been made for a lot of people.
Staff: Once again the old manager is rude and shows absolutely no finess.
In Room Dining: Great

Evening entertainment: Cheesy. Why not have Mauritian entertainment. OMG.

SPA: EXCELLENT

1 day they must have had a visit from a local school because there were kids everywhere screaming in and around the pool and rooms.

My suggestion; don't waste your time. pay a little more for something better.

Was so excited for this place but was deeply disappointed. ARRRRRGH. Makes me angry.

peace

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle W

Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at Merville Beach and for taking the time to give us feedback on our facilities which I must confess has been received with deep concern.

We feel really sorry that you did not enjoy our facilities and your comments have been analysed and discussed by our team and rest assured that appropriate actions will be taken where required.
We are indeed concerned about your disappointment about the quality of the food despite that the buffet differs each evening with at least 9 main courses, 8 varieties of salads/hors d’oeuvres and a dessert buffet with at least 6 choices. In addition to the buffet we do provide as an alternative dining opportunity, free of charge, a menu which is written on a black board situated at the main entrance of the restaurant. The purpose of this menu, which can be ordered for the following days, has been introduced for those who prefer to be served at table instead of walking to the buffet.

Entertainment
You may not have been at the hotel on Fridays as we do have on these evenings, a Mauritian buffet with a Sega show (Typical local dance of the Island).

Nevertheless, we hope you will give us the opportunity to see you back as high standards of service are of extreme importance at Merville Beach and I trust that you will find this greatly improved on future visits.

I remain,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I first visited Merville Beach Hotel in 2003 as a widow and have longed to return with my new wife, often boring her with glowing tales of this lovely place and so it was that I finally returned now with my new wife on 8thy January 2013. How delighted she was with the experience and how the place lived up to my memories.
The place is even more lovely than I remember, the view beautiful as ever, staff more attentive, professional and friendly than ever plus many new touches than I remember.
Mauritius itself has also progressed with improvments to roads and subtle development.
Thank you Merville Beach for my welcome return visit you can be sure we will not wait ten years for our next visit.
My wife is now as crazy about Merville Beach and Mauritius as myself.

Room Tip: We had a superior room overlooking beautiful gardens,we could not see the ocean but actually it was a very peacefull location and only a few minutes walk from all facilities including that gorgeous beach

Sir,

Thank you so much for returning to Merville Beach and we are delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay together with your new wife.

Your encouraging words are very much appreciated and I shall without not further pass on the message to the team.