my mum and dad took me here for my 40th birthday they have been here many times and is like a second home to them. we was put in the main hotel which was in need of up dating but the view was great . There was no kettle which was the first time in 15 years of travelling i asked the restaurant manger and there was one on my room in 10 min' with tea coffee and fresh milk any time i needed any it was replaced .we was enjoying the holiday until the room next door had a young family moved in and the cote was set up next to the adjoining door which made us closer to the baby than the mother and father was so after a night with no sleep we made a complaint and was moved with in 10 min and upgraded to the bungalows which was great way to finish the holiday
the boat house was great done more on this holiday than any other even took me out on my own to see the reef.they also showed me how to sail which was amazing time.
we spent most of the days on the beach and Neil the beach waiter sorted us out with drinks all day he would normally come to us as soon as he started his shift and see if we was OK before he finished
Top tip there is a private boat operator on the beach called Robert we went out on his day trip only 4 of us but what a great day his BBQ on a island was the best ever we all went to bed early that night as we was all drunk and full belly's.
The restaurant is good the one night that was hot and spicy i ask if there was any thing else and they made me a plain chicken dish which was amazing . i have seen the reviews which say its expensive we was all exclusive but did think the prices was high. we had a grate meal on the beach one night very romantic. on mine and my mothers birthday they made us a cake and give us a bottle of wine.
The bad points the hotel needs to be up dated old part is showing its age. the restaurant needs to be bigger was OK in June but could see problems at busy time of the year the pool is not t the biggest but the beach A1. There is not much for children to do but the staff try there best.
The good points staff are great they all knew our names on the 2nd day. when i ever had a problem it was sorted very quickly. The location is only 10 min walk from town and the beach only had a few beach sellers unlike the main beaches. The day entertainment was OK we kept on missing it as they didn't go around telling us or trying to drag us up the night entertainment was good and varied.
The one bit of advice is if you have a problem tell them and they will do there best to sort it out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merville Beach Hotel is situated on the north-west corner of Mauritius in Grand Baie, 20 minutes from the capital , Port Louis.All 221 rooms are in the 2 wings stretching from the main building in a slightly elevated position overlooking the bay. All rooms have a magnificent sea view. Direct dialing telephones, Radio, TV-video, Mini-bar, Safe Deposit box, Hair Dryer and Private Bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Merville Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merville Beach Grand Baie
- Hotel Merville Beach
- Merville Beach Hotel Mauritius/Grand Baie
- Merville Beach Mauritius