“Keep on riding cowboy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Spur the nag on cowboy and don't bother to stop for the burgers.
We called in at lunchtime - burgers were tasteless and greasy. The local dogs enjoyed them though
Wish I'd read TA reviews and had the ribs but it was spur of the moment thing....

1  Thank wendy494
There are newer reviews for Malibu Spur

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I decided we will have spare ribs on our last evening in Mauritius.

We were satying in Trou aux Biches and decided on a last evening out and chose Spur as the venue.

On arrival we were greated warmly, seated on the veranda with Grand Bay beach virtualy 50 to 70 metres away.

I had crumbed mushrooms as starters which I shared with my wife as the portion was to big for one person alone!

Then we moved on the the ribs, wow! Scrumptious servings and enough to kill a giant's appetite! Done to perfection and served with chips it is absalute wmouth watering. One have the choice of baked patato , chips and vegies but we opted for the chips. A very nice change in cuisine if you have hotel food every night, believe me!

I will return any given moment for ribs at this restaurant. We did not find time for Spur at Bagatel Mall of Mauritius but that is on my next "to do" list for sure.

Definetly worth a visit!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I go there only for the spare ribs, which are the best in the island. Have always had a good service and the price is good value for money.

1  Thank luch2002
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Spur is one of our favourite spots in Mauritius. There is really nowhere else on this island where you can enjoy spareribs as juicy, mouthwatering, delicous as those offered by Spur; and this is one of the best places for Hamburgers, Lamb chops, T-bone steaks and all those naughty foods South Africans love..... and the prices are very reasonable by Mauritian standards. Spur Grand Baie lives up the standards set by this S.A. franchised group.

1  Thank SvB-CvB
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I just got back from a trip to Mauritius, was there for 7 days. We ate at the Spur on 2 different occassions.

The food tasted great, we all ordered burgers, but just over an hour later I had food poisoning. It set me back for 5 hours down off my holiday with being sick and for a day after that I still didn't feel well.

We enjoyed the taste of the food so thought maybe it was just one bad experience and gave it another try. All to get sick again. This time it was my sister that got sick as well and including me... again! I will never return to that spur ever again when I return to Mauritius and I wouldn't reccommend that anyone else goes there either.

3  Thank Kittycat33_12