“Pizza to die for”

Botteghita
Ranked #10 of 167 Restaurants in Grand Baie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Botteghita wines and truffle. Tipical toscany-emilian restaurant. Michele Alessio and the staff wil guide youon a realand genuine italian experience with home made disches daily prepared
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The restaurant is quite small along a busy road but you definitely wouldn't mind when you taste their pizzas at affordable prices! They have the perfect crust and it's great having the cheese pulling off when you're grabbing your piece of pizza. I've never had the other dishes so far since I've always changed my mind and ordered their pizza instead. I'm sure I'll be surprised by their other dishes.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Good quality, 'authentic' Italian food offered at an affordable price, but need to book in advance since restaurant is relatively small. Restaurant is currently opened for dinner only. Would have preferred typical Italian music to accompany my dinner'.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Small and very popular restaurant so booking is advisable. We were a mixed group of parents and teenagers who all enjoyed it but only one of us was able to finish his pizza. Having seen some of the dishes ordered at other tables I'd definitely order differently next time. Look forward to going back though on another visit to the island.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

brilliant quality food and well priced. i would suggest going for something from the specials board - had a tuna and zucchini carpaccio and was thrilled with the freshness of all the ingredients. will go back asap!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I being chefs, we're very hard critics as far as food is concerned. Unfortunately in Mauritius, most restaurants are quite lousy. We even stopped eating outside, since we're disappointed every time. So imagine our surprise when we discovered this amazing Italian restaurant. Food is exquisite. Everything is fresh or imported from Italy (the best products only!). Their burrata is amazing!!! And all of the other dishes we tasted there as well. Not one bad word. Service is excellent and personal (by Patty or Michele the chef). Ambiance is also very good. Oh and of course, you certainly get your value for money. Meaning the prices are totally average and reasonable. Everything just perfect. Next time we're in Grand Baie we're going there for sure.

P.S: Make sure to reserve in advance, since they are usually overbooked (especially during week-ends)