“I don't normally visit a restaurant twice on holiday but I did with this one.”
Review of Botteghita

Botteghita
Ranked #18 of 172 Restaurants in Grand Baie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Botteghita wines and truffle. Tipical toscany-emilian restaurant. Michele Alessio and the staff wil guide youon a realand genuine italian experience with home made disches daily prepared
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant was very near our hotel and we walked past it a couple of times and noticed it was always busy. It was the start of the low season so some places were a bit dead. It's on a busy main road but it's not a problem. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has a good atmosphere.

The bruschetta we ordered was excellent and the sea food ravioli was delicious. My husband enjoyed his meal too but I don't remember what it was. We ordered a desert each which was a mistake as they were huge - we still managed to finish off a the whole panna cotta and chocolate cake though, then had liquor coffees. We also were given complimentary limoncello. The staff and owners are extremely nice and they had a band playing that were very good.

We enjoyed it so much we came back a week later and did it again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Best pizza in grand baie and one of the best pizza i have eaten in mauritius so far. The service is nice. The atmosphere was great with a live accoustic music band playing tonight. The italian owners come ti check if all is okay and if we enjoy our food. Very very nice place !

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Without a single doubt, for the last 3 years or so, La Boteghitta is simply the best place!
The tandem Giacomo and Patrizia, is fantastic!

1  Thank constantinos1959
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've been to Mauritius two weeks with my girlfriend ... I am of Italian descent and I was impressed to find a piece of Italy to Mauritius ... The Botteghita for me is the best place on the island, suitable for families or couples looking for a romantic place. Here you can find exceptional dishes from pasta, pizza, meat and fish cooked according to the Italian culinary tradition ... A show for the palate ... Also here you can find truffles, mushrooms, meats, cheeses and wines of all kinds ... It 's all made ​​in Italy ... Moreover, the two Italian owners, Patricia and James, are two wonderful people, very kind and nice. The atmosphere is something special for those looking for great food and a nice place to spend a nice evening .. The Botteghita is the place ... You can not start from Mauritus without having been to Botteghita.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband & I are not great lovers of Italian food despite 2 visits to Italy and we do try to see why people rave about Italian food but alas, this was not that great.
We at first sat at a table that was too dark to read the menu - which is printed on red card so impossible to read easily in dingy light. The waitress said she would explain but to me reading the menu and deciding is part of the experience - we moved table - a couple arrived later and also chose to move.
The specials, on the blackboard, which were not at all "special", were explained
The starters were limited - various types of bruschetta - we shared the mixed - it was cheese on toast, 4 different ways. All were quite oily
Blue cheese
cheese with tomato & pepper
cheese with mushrooms and
cheese with ham
Oh, I forgot the cold pickled mushrooms - yuk
Bruschetta, or a choice of mixed cheeses or mixed salami platter - not exactly inspiring starter courses
The mains are - pasta, pizza or salads. Fillet steak with mushroom sauce was also on offer
I had gnocchi with fish ragu - was tasty but nothing special. Husband had prawn and mushroom pasta which was pretty tasteless.
My husband was asked if he wanted a bottle of mixer and so I assumed I would get the same - no the gin was swamped by a full glass of tonic so one drink ruined. 6 spirits, 2 mixers one glass of wine. Total bill was 2800 MUR.
To top it all we had the dreaded plonking of a piano with random keys hit at indiscriminate times (think its called jaz?) blaring above us. - We also both hate jaz
We left by 21.30 and a guy was about to start playing a guitar - if it was jaz I think we would have run out
Waitress was surly, although I suspect we were not in the best of moods by then too.
We have also eaten at 1974 in Trou Aux Biches, this is Italian too and got a 5 * rating from me so I can enjoy when food is right!
We did not enjoy Botteghita & will not return