“One of the best”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have been coming here for about 3 years now - I work on and off in Mauritius. Whenever I come here, the Beach House is my default - originally it was for the location and the beers, with food being variable. In the last year though, the food had taken over. I seriously doubt I could find another steak as good - and believe me, I have tried!

I have always found the service to be first class.

Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I went there for a bite in the evening - the place looks ok and has a nice bay view but what a shame for the extremely rude bartenders and waiters. These people were so rude I walked away! This experience was so out of touch from the other restaurants and places visited in Mauritius.

1  Thank foubertLondon
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Been here many times, both for a meal and just for drinks. Whatever you go there for the atmosphere is great. Always lively. Friendly staff. Typical island style beach bar and restaurant but with above average food. Burgers at worthy of the largest of appetites and seafood excels. Always has the rugby on TV and every weekend there are live bands.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We really enjoyed having something light to eat here or to sit and sip cocktails in the evening whilst gazing out over the harbour. It is situated right in the middle of Grand Baie - walking distance from everything.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

When the hotel staff heard we were from South Africa all of them said we had to visit the Beach House as the owner is the former Springbok Rugby Player Kabous vd Westhuizen. The establishment has a nice beech theme and vibe. The service was average.