“Interesting but nothing exceptional”
Review of La Pomme d'amour

La Pomme d'amour
Ranked #12 of 162 Restaurants in Grand Baie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We had our dinner here on the first night of our stay in Grand Bay. It is located at the end of the stretch of restaurants of Grand Bay going to Point aux Canonniers (left side of the road). Parking on the side.
It looks fine. Service was very good (we are in low season and restaurants are almost empty). The staff is attentive. Nothing to fault with.
The food is good, correct, and very fresh. Although, nothing exceptional. I had tuna tartare, steak of marlin, and coconut creme brulé. All are yummy. My husband had octopus salad, their house specialty (crab), and coconut ice sorbet, which are OK. We had a very good bottle of rose wine from South Africa.

Price is correct.

1  Thank Cacahuette2011
There are newer reviews for La Pomme d'amour

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We been to have a dinner with some friends,and we was wery exciting to try this restaurant,but.....the plates they come after long time,and the quality no good,the fish was frozen and no taisting.,the portion little and over cook.i won't came back there anymore.

2  Thank ppasqui
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Using reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose La Toque Blanche as venue for celebrating my parents' Golden Wedding anniversary. Françoise was extremely helpful in composing a menu for the celebrated couple, and their children and grandchildren, and we were all terribly impressed with the quality of the food, the splendid service and the effort that was into making the day special for all of us. We could thoroughly recommend the restaurant not only for a nice family occasion like ours, but also couples and friends alike.

2  Thank oystyw
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I must admit I have been a regular and still is. Given the new venue I was bracing myself up for some changes on the card. Unfortunately it is still the same. I can understand that they retain the classics on the card but for repeaters we wish to take a new twist from the "Sympatique" equipe de la Toque Blanche.

Having said that - the food remains good - service in a much bigger place gets a bit sloppy sometime but ok.

2  Thank r c
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Apparently they moved here less than three weeks ago. Three sections, inside which is very small, the terrace where we ate and is very nice. A garden section which presumably will have more colour as time passes. Started with crab gratin, my wife thought it was excellent I thought it was a bit short on crab. For mains our waiter recommended the fish of the day. First class, my wife thought it was by far the best tasting fish she had eaten in years. Unfortunately the electric went off between courses and this probably effected the vegetables which were not hot enough. On the down side the beer comes in cans which I feel is not right. Not hard to change to bottles. Also they do not accept credit cards,. Yet!