“Not as good as it pretends to be...”
Review of La Pomme d'amour

La Pomme d'amour
Ranked #4 of 172 Restaurants in Grand Baie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant a few months ago and from my own perspective, it is not as good as pretends to be. Firstly, the food was good but seemed to to missing something! The service was horrible apart from the chef(who came to meet us). The waiters didn't even have a smile on there faces and weren't here when we needed them. The indoor was very nice and this was the only thing I appreciated.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a lovely time in eating and talking with the owner of the restaurant, The dinner is fantastic I hadn't eat something like this in Mauritius during my trip in May.
I personally recommend having a dinner, the chef is well trained and knowledgeable what to pick . Lovely !!

1  Thank mosaferuae
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good little place but not really excellent - agree a little of a challenge to find but off the Royal Road - turn near La Pagode chinese restaurant and walk for about 10 mins past the bazaar and the restaurant is on the left
Everything in restaurant is grey and white, or contrasting colour - tasteful decor. Only about 10 tables and air conditioned so comfortable
tasty little fish samosas on the house with drinks - we had pina colada and fruit juice
1 pamplemouse and shrimp starter - this was a bit disappointing as 1 shrimp that was rather dry. You also get garlic bread as part of the starter
Then shrimp creole was ok - my husband had marlin in a garlic sauce and crispy potato - he said this was great so I have said very good rather then average here .
Total bill was 1440 MUR which I found good value
I think we will return and try again as I think my choices may have been poor. The crispy shrimp and calamari looked better then I had so will try that next time
Will repost a second opinion when I do!

1  Thank wendy494
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Ive taken some very close friends there and my night was just unforgettable especially because the food is AMAZING!
I loved everything, well cooked and tasted amazing!
I loved it so much that I decide to give as a gift a bit of my precious olive oil that I brough from Sicily!!!
Thanks a lot for the amazing dinner

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This small but special place is hidden in a busy street in the heart of Grand Baie. It was very quiet as we arrived but got busier as more people joined later in the evening. With friendly staff welcoming you the mini samoosas for starters soon arrived. All four main meals were well presented, tasteful and more than enough. The staff was very helpful and as a family we would be back to enjoy another affordable meal in Mauritius.