“nothing special”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had one lunch there and than we discovered much better Wang thai restaurant 100meters from there. My wife had average curry and me the crab in soursweet sauce witch was very difficult to eat.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to this restaurant when we were on honeymoon in 2006. We arrived just before sunset and were sat at a table with a great sea view while we sipped cocktails. We then started one of THE most georgeous meals I have ever had. As a main we shared the Fruits de Mer which was lovely from first to last bite. The staff were wonderful and made us feel very special.

I can anly guess that it has changed ownership since 2006 to receive such bad reviews now.
If it hasn't changed hands - come on guys pull your finger out and make it special once again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I found the place while walking on the beach. We were welcomed off the beach to enjoy drinks on the terrace. The manager was over exuberant and constantly clowned around. We unfortunately were take in with his friendliness.. We decided to have lunch which was ridiculously priced, way too small and not very good quality. Still we continued with after lunch drinks and a fairly substantial tip payed in cash as "the boss doesn't give us the tips".

Here is the crunch. My girlfriend paid using her credit card which went with the manager for a minute while he looked for the remote pay station. We paid and left. About 2 hours later we received 6 email notifications from the bank of rapidly presented transactions that were paid to an online gambling service. Total lost about €750.

The biggest crunch! She only used this card once while on the island and it never left her wallet at any other time. What does this tell you?

People please, DON'T LET YOUR CREDIT CARDS OUT OF YOUR SIGHT FOR ANY REASON. It's not necessary. Go with the waiter if needed, don't be taken in.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

A group of 4 of us went to dinner in March of this year and we all order a seafood platter for 2 per couple.
Not sure why some are saying the food is crap or this or that because our platter was fresh and delicious. We all had the banana flambe which was awesome too.
I cant for the life of me remember our waiters name but he was about 19 years old and was always coming over to us if we had any queries etc. Service was prompt and efficient.
The cocktails were nice too, one of the best Mai Thais i have had in a long while.
I cant comment on all other food but from what we had, we had nothing whatsoever to complain about.
The ambience in the place was beautiful too, the water to the side of us and the dimmed lights shining down on the water made it romantic as well
The platter was 3750 rupees which in AU works out about $120.00 which is cheap considering how much seafood platters are in Sydney,
Would definately go again to Sea Lovers if we ever go back to MRU

Linica & Didier

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My other half and I are regular visitors to Mauritius, and every night we would attend the red cat beach lounge side of sea lovers restaurant. I can't comment on the food as we have never eaten there (choosing to eat at home with family and friends instead) although we go to the bar every night. It's so romantic, and the staff are so welcoming. Their English is perfect, which is great for my other half who can't speak a word of French or creole, and the view is just breathtaking at sunset. The drinks are very reasonably priced, and their sega night is great fun... We even brought my grandparents along for the entertainment! The beach party is also fantastic, and I feel sad to see such bad reviews above, as I think it is a wonderful place to be. Thanks to vikash and the others that work there and hopefully see you again soon!