“Lovely vibe”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My other half and I are regular visitors to Mauritius, and every night we would attend the red cat beach lounge side of sea lovers restaurant. I can't comment on the food as we have never eaten there (choosing to eat at home with family and friends instead) although we go to the bar every night. It's so romantic, and the staff are so welcoming. Their English is perfect, which is great for my other half who can't speak a word of French or creole, and the view is just breathtaking at sunset. The drinks are very reasonably priced, and their sega night is great fun... We even brought my grandparents along for the entertainment! The beach party is also fantastic, and I feel sad to see such bad reviews above, as I think it is a wonderful place to be. Thanks to vikash and the others that work there and hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

There are so many more restaurants in the pereybere area , where you spent a quarter and can have decent food , this place looks swell from the outside but onec you sit down you get poor food, terrible service, over priced and really bad taste in your mouth!!very disappointing!

1  Thank nick555milano
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Many thanks to Yohan and Vikash for the warm welcome friendly advice and cool beer! It is the place to see the sunset and you must try the calamari and prawn curry. It is just perfect!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

The view is Xtra, and it all goes down hill from there.Having made a reservation for 5, we arrived to find that there was a fashion show, (that they had forgotten to mention) and we had to fight to get the reserved place at the Japanese table.We had some great sea food but the trouble began when we tried to pay, they couldn't find the food bill, they could find 2 drink bills, 1 of which was not ours and then after 20 min were told 'it's ok, you can go'. Our friends left the next day, we received a call the day after, with Sealovers telling us they had found our bill and when could we come to pay! Ok, but they didn't have a copy just an amount, which we later found had they 2 drink bills from before added, and they sent the tourist police along to just make sure they got there pound of flesh. The whole experience has left a nasty taste and personally we will never set foot in the place again, try Beach House, also a great view, just alot more honest.

1  Thank sstMauritius
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I went here twice with my family, once just for some sunset cocktails with stunning vieuw of the sea and sunset and that time was lovely, so we thought we come back and try the food. We all felt like trying out the Japaneese card and were told that unfortunately they didn't serve from that part of the card. Oh well we though we just try something else which we all regretted later. The food was terrible, 2 from our group had lobster and it was overpriced, not fresh and deffinately old as the meat shrank into almost nothing. I and my mother inlaw opted for the fish streamed in banana leaf, which the chef clearly had no clue on how to prepare, there was no banana leaf and the fish had clearly been grilled and not steamed. We sent it back and the same dry fish came back in a banana leaf, which we sent back and got to order something completely new. So i ordered a fish curry and guess what fish was now served for the 3rd time and getting even drier. Didn't know it was possible to make a dry fish curry. After this 3rd failure we simply gave up and left hungry. The staff was trying to be helpful enough and the waitress did say she understood why we left and appologized for the bad experience but that still didn't fill our hunger.