“Pretty damned good”

Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blue Bay
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was really good. All inclusive end to our three week mru vacation. Top food, great beaches. Free drinks and Champagne all night. Free sailing boats to take out alone. Would def. Reccomend to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SebastianAusMuc
Write a ReviewReviews (2,577)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I do not know who is writing these reviews but this place is NOT a 5 star. I would give it 3 stars for accommodation and service and 4 stars for the beach. The hotel itself is old. The furniture and rooms need updating. My room was very old fashioned. The sight of white plastic sun loungers litters the entire beach. It reminds me of a last minute, allocation on arrival teletext holiday.

The room itself was like living in the Amazon with ants and insects swarming on any substance of food or drink that may have been left out. Also the shower was not very hot which I found annoying. I could not get any Wifi throughout the whole hotel. The only place were you are able to connect is is below the main dining area. There is no aircon so you are sweating while your trying to send emails, which takes forever to send as the wifi is so slow.

The hotel is all inclusive, I am being totally honest and would rate the food as moderate. For the price you are paying I would expect better quality and standard.

Many people are commenting on how lovely the beaches are??? I would say some of the views are incredible but the beaches are badly maintained. As they are man made there is a lot of vegetation growing through the sand. The sand itself is not white and pristine like that of Cancun or the many beaches in Thailand. The amount of white plastic sun loungers gives the whole place a cheap feel.

I have stayed in many 5 star hotels/resorts around the world and the shandrani is way off the mark. If you are reviewing any hotel on TripAdvisor always read the bad ones and look for consistency within the reviews, Because if you copy what we done and just read the good ones you will be in for an expensive UNPLEASANT surprise.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank izzyu22
Reviewed February 16, 2014

A fantastic hotel with fantastic service. Staff incredibly helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Everything is spotless and the food is incredible. Make use of the trips sold on the beach rather than the hotel. You will save money and have the same experience. Location just 10 mins from the airport so a few planes go over but they do not disturb you.

Drinks served all day and staff on the beach on hand to keep your glass full. Food range is amazing. Fine dining 5 course fish restaurant to multi cultural buffet offerings.

Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick8566
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I spent 5 days in the Shandrani on a business trip and I had the most wonderful time there. The staff members are all absolutely amazing and know what hospitality and customer service is all about!

There are several restaurants in the resort that offer different types of cuisine and the bars are both all inclusive. The food is delicious in every restaurant and they are very good at organizing private parties. Whatever you order, it will always come with decoration on the plate and a massive smile from the waiter :))
Breakfast is very varied and offers continental as well as English breakfasts.

We all stayed in the Deluxe room which is massive, beautifully decorated and has a sea view. The beach was about 20m from the room. The room has a flat screen TV, shower, bath, dressing (with bath robe and sleepers), safe, mini bar (all inclusive!!), hair dryer and many more. The towels can be changed every day and your bed is made every morning and unmade every evening for your comfort.

They also offer a lot of activities such as diving, water skiing and snowboarding, volleyball, beach olympics (we had so much fun thanks for Theo and his team!!), golf etc. They also have a Clarins Spa, the prices seemed a bit expensive but it is worth the experience. It is beautiful and gives you free access to the hammam and sauna.

I would recommend this resort/hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I would like to give 5 stars to this hotel for it's great beaches, friendly staff, excellent food and really nice ambiance. But, I have to say I was not pleased to find out on our way to an other hotel for our last week of holiday, that my watch has been stolen from the security locker, where I left it without noticing. My mistake was that the locker was left open when we left and the watch was still in there. So when we arrived to the other hotel I searched for my watch and couldn't find it. I did call the Shandrani immediately and they promised to look after the watch. Well the watch was not found. When I came back home I wrote an e-mail to the hotel to tell them what had happened. The hotel could not do anything but to be sorry. When I reported the stolen watch to my insurance company, they didn't refund it to me since I didn't report the theft to the police in Mauritius. Well it's already one year since I came back and it still p… off to have lost my watch which was quite expensive and which I got from my husband for my 30th birthday present.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lotta E
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Visited the Shandrani resort as part of a trip with work colleagues. We had an all inclusive option and made the best of this. The drinks on offer are not just house options, but full international brands including champagne! The food caters for all, being vegetarian it's difficult sometimes to find an array of options, but both at the a la carte restaurants and buffet we found catered for too a really good standard. Our room view was fantastic over the bay. The room was pleasant with a luxury bathroom and mini bar was always stocked. Loads of things to do from tennis, to golf and a range of watersports. Not to mention the wellness SPA, with there amazing steam room and saunas and great massages.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights with family. Stayed in superior beach front room.

No bill to sign, nice location even the hotel is in a property of 50H , its worth walking to Sirus resto.

Especial thanks to front desk staff Raggoo & team and main pool bar.

I will give their staff a six stars. However, the bar man and waiter @ sirus was not the same standard may be they are far away from main resto. But Sajan is very attentive and dedicated to his job. Overall, very nice hotel and value for money. Room also well maintained

Stayed: February 2014
LUX Le Morne
LUX Le Morne
#1 of 11 in Le Morne
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!