We just spent 1 fantastic week in Shandrani 13 -21 October 2013
The Beach : the beach in front of the pool was our favourite its a mut for a family holiday
the sea is shallow so no worries for children its clean , cool & great .
Food : we were serenty plus had dinner in all alacarte they were all fantastic our best was Teak ,Le sirus was great but try not to take the Mauritian night that was not so good we took another night in Le sirus with its normal menu & enjoyed. The italian zuccini rissotto was a die for . The calamar from Madagasgar
was not good they also servet his in main menu not the calamare we are used to .
Le Sirus & italian rest. Serves somedays lunch with different menus the lunch in italian was excellent Le sirus not bad.
The main restaurant Lunch was average could not fault also breakfast was up to standarts .
The daily Bar near pool serves a wide range of drinks which was great also a small van goes around 100 times daily serving
Cold drinks would reccomend “ Beachcomber “ had this i dont know how many times daily & there local Rum with sugar cane
as a Mojito not bad .
Watersports : All excellent daily tours to reef for snorkel , & waterglass boats , my husband did scuba diving which he says was ok
But not like Maldives.
Private tour :A MUST to Paradise island , waterfall & ship wreck would not suggest the shandrani trip but u can take a tour infront of the pool
& beach there are sellers they will find u sometimes u do try to ignore them i would highly recommend Princess boat “ Ben “ a private small boat
Dont take the catamaran as u can not enter the waterfall with this they re put u in a small boat which doesnt make sence if u want special drinks
for this trip take them with u from the bar or from yr room . U can also do BBQ on this trip a 4 hr hald day tour ( without bbq ) can be done for 150.euro for 2 or 4 or 6 persons more than 6 would need a catamaran .
Service : Vey friendly , very polite we were very happy
Rooms : Clean a little aged but nothing to complain about
Wifi : only in the rooms & buissness center
Entertainment : NOTHİNG available a Dj puts some music on near the bar a few kids dance and 1 singer did perform but nothing special
Spa : Beautifull building pool etc BUT nothing near Thai or bali massage
Would i reccomend & come back defenatly YES the all inclusive is %100 worth every peny the service , food , ambiance , sports , envoirnment
Garden u name it they give it .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LUXURY HOLIDAYS IN MAURITIUS FOR BEACH AND NATURE LOVERS Located in the unspoilt south region of Mauritius, Shandrani is a welcoming five-star resort with a lively vibe. Set on a private peninsula lapped by the Blue Bay Marine Park rich in sea life, Shandrani has three different beaches to discover. A short boat ride inshore takes you to the famous Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve. When it comes to sports and leisure, the resort has something for everyone. A range of land and water sports is at hand including water-skiing and golf (the hotel features a 9-hole Par 29, "pitch & putt" golf course). A sailing school and a diving centre affiliated to PADI will delight all sports enthusiasts. Other facilities include a spa and a wellness centre, both associated to the world-renowned Clarins brand. Four restaurants invite you to sample sumptuous dishes served with a choice of fine wines. At Shandrani Resort & Spa, enjoy relaxing holidays in peaceful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shandrani Hotel Blue Bay
- Shandrani Hotel Mauritius
- Shandrani Blue Bay
- Shandrani Beachcomber Resort & Spa Mauritius/Blue Bay