Just back from 2 weeks at the Maratim over Easter with the family (wife and 2 boys aged 11 and 14)
Beautiful location and a great relaxed atmosphere made for a fantastic trip.
The hotel was excellent from start to finish and the staff couldn't have made us more welcome. Special mention to Johanna of guest services who welcomed us on arrival, came to see us off on departure and checked in regularly over the 2 weeks to ensure all was going to plan. Also to Kavita of guest services who worked with my kids to organise a special birthday meal on the beach for my wife's birthday which fell in the first week. (the cake in the room was a nice touch too!)
Hotel was big enough to have good facilities without the impersonal feel of some bigger complexes, we met some lovely guests and our kids made friends easily
Having water-skiing as part of the all inclusive was a bonus and my eldest learnt to ski in a couple of sessions.
The main restaurant looks out over the ocean which is great plus the Quarter Deck bar is also right on the sea and is a great place to watch the sun go down with a cocktail.
Took 2 trips with Mauri Tours to explore the island (1) a catamaran cruise on the East coast - cruise, BBQ on board, snorkeling and Isle Aux Cerfs with bonus sighting of dolphins (2) driver to explore the sights in the South
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava