Amazing hotel with the friendliest of staff on Earth. The all-inclusive package is the best value for money option as the drinks menu is more than extensive and the restaurants included are phenomenal. We did not try the other restaurants where you can pay a small supplement to go as we found the two restaurants on the all-inclusive very good.
There are plenty of free activities (from archery, yoga, snorkelling, sailing, canoeing…), provided by the hotel and their scuba diving centre is really good
The rooms are spacious, very well equipped and looked after.
The Spa is just awesome, with a wide range of treatments at very decent prices (the after-sun hair treatment is a must!!)
The hotel has extensive gardens, ruins and nature walks so if you don’t feel like getting out of the hotel boundaries, you will not feel claustrophobic!
We were told that the hotel gets really busy on December and again in July/August therefore I would recommend, if you can, to go at the end of October /November.
Truly worth spending more than a week (we were only there 7 nights but we will go back again a bit longer- and with our daughter)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava