We have just returned from a two week holiday at the Maritim, although the main reason for travelling there was a wedding, which was held at Chateau Lourbonnais (originally the Govenor's House). The resort was recommended by Johnathan Gotts of Trailfinders London, and was an excellent recommendation. there are many reviews on this site, which relate to the excellent service and the excellent staff, and all of that is true. For me the size of the site was all important, it would take me almost an hour to walk the circumference of the resort before breakfast. This meant it never felt crowded, there is plenty of space and a golf course too. There seemed to be a wedding at least once a day, and the setting is beautiful.
We took the more expensive rooms, and went fully inclusive, more expensive, yes, but for me I don't like signing bits of paper. The restaurants are excellent, but we did spend a great deal of time eating in the beach restaurant. The manager there was Laxman Randeer, and he looked after our party extremely well, the special evening meals you can have here, need to be booked, and cost an addition amount even if you are fully inclusive, but they made the holiday for us. September was an excellent time to visit, not too hot in the day, and cooler in the evening and at night. A very enjoyable holiday in all respects, and the Maree, the beach restaurant, was excellent, the meals were first class, and deserve recognition. As far as value is concerned, as they say, life is too short to drink poor wine, the same applies to holidays, enjoy them while you can. I really did enjoy this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava