We celebrated our first wedding anniversary at the Maritim. The hotel is beautiful and quite possibly the nicest hotel we’ve ever been too. We stayed in a Privilege room, which has a huge bed, lovely spacious bathroom and a balcony. The rooms were very clean, and you can see that the cleaning staff takes pride in their work. There is free WIFI everywhere in the hotel- I did not have any issues with signal.
The gardens are beautiful and very well maintained. The boathouse staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help. There are a lot of water sports to choose from. If you are on the all-inclusive package, most of these are included.
We did the sunset bicycle tour with Vic. This was loads of fun, and Vic takes you through the villages so you really get a taste of Mauritian life.
The spa is very well maintained. We enjoyed the hammam. The water temperature of the Jacuzzi was a bit too cold.
We mainly ate at the Belle Vue restaurant. There is a wide variety of food. Each night has a different theme to keep it interesting. The chicken burgers served at lunch time are delicious! The masala time is also tasty, but be sure to order it 15 minutes in advance. Service at Belle Vue is not great, and often we had to search for a waiter to assist us. This was shortly resolved after we raised the issue with Vimla (who was always willing to assist with a smile on her face). There is also entertainment every night after supper.
La Maree is great- the beach bonfire is lovely and the service there was always impeccable.
We really liked that the Maritim PAWS project- where stray cats and dogs have been adopted by the hotel and sterilized and vaccinated. They live at the Maritm and are identifiable by the Maritim collars.
The animal farm is lovely for kids, there is even a dog who lives at the farm that was raised by a goat! The beach is lovely, and it’s great to watch the marine life- you don’t even need to get wet.
In conclusion, the Maritim is a great hotel, and the perfect place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava