There are so many good things i can say about the Maritim, the food, activities, spa, rooms, cleanliness, seaviews, kidsclub and particularly all the staff are excellent. But unfortunately for us it was let down by what is no doubt the worst beach in Mauritius (ask any Taxi driver and they will tell you!) It is full of coral and the sea is rocky and murky. If you are used to going to the caribbean with its powder sand like us, you will be disappointed. So we ended up going to the pool, but the water was freezing! Trou aux Biches has the best beach by a mile. But dont get me wrong, we had a lovely time there. There is so much to do, and if you are on the all inclusive like we were, it really is fantastic value for money. My wife loved the waterskiing, and our daughter (and us!) loved the kids club. The dolphin trip is extra but is an absolute must. Although the weather wasnt great that day, we also spotted 2 humpback whales on the way there. Its once in a lifetime experience. We paid around £115 with the rep for 3 of us on an afternoon return trip. The Maritim is not a real 5 star, but a very good 4 star but overall, if you are looking for a good family trip then I would definitely recommend the Maritim. But would i personally go back, with that beach, probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava