My wife and I arrived here for a belated honeymoon and the moment we stepped in the place we were treated like VIP's. As we arrived we were treated to a fruity cocktail and a warm towel to freshen up with. After a personal guide to all the hotel had to offer we were free to explore the grounds until our room was ready......and what a room it was. If you get room 375 then you are lucky.....beautiful view of the sea and sunset every single night. Fully air-con with a mini bar ( restocked every day partly included on AI) and welcoming and friendly maids who work around you and leave the room looking spotless. Every single member of staff from the waiters/esses to the maintenance guys are always saying hello and are always willing to help. The food was fantastic although sometimes a little cold due to the buffet style but that is just a very small complaint. The choice on offer was amazing and the staff in all the restaurants were friendly and talkative. We had a meal in La Maree which was a nice change....a meal on the beach was romantic and the food was lovely. We did not try the other 4 restaurants though. The sports team were equally helpful and friendly and always on hand with a cheery hello every morning. We played tennis every day which got us off the sunbeds for a bit!! The beach side servers were always on hand to serve drinks and again were helpful and cheery. The icing on the cake was our actual anniversary day. We went out for the day and on our return there was a cake in our room with 'Happy Wedding Anniversary' on it.....in the evening we went out for a meal and a member of staff looked for us to wish us a happy anniversary and got the live musician to play us a song.....along with a specially made cocktail from the bar......they may do this to every couple but it made our day, it made us feel special and for that we are eternally grateful. One word on Christophe Bogof.....so he is called......seems friendly but very pushy....my advice is to go into Port Louis where there is a greater selection of whatever he is selling for a much cheaper price.....don't get sucked in by his sales patter. Also you MUST go to the animal park and walk with the lions....it was the most awe inspiring 2 hours I have ever had.....walking with 2 lions, stroking then, playing with them....it is a must. This was undoubtedly the most relaxing, romantic and amazing holiday either my wife or I have ever been on and I unreservedly recommend this hotel. Thank you to everyone there for making our holiday so special. Chris and Marie Flowers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava