We have just got back from 10 days at the Maritim Hotel..... and i cant find words to describe the amazing time we had. I was our honeymoon in paradise , exactly as the brochures pictured it.
I'm not going to write lots as it will spoil your experience, don't be put off by the drive from the airport, once you go through the pearly gates, you are greeted with paradise. The staff go beyond the call of duty for every task they undertake, they want you to have the most amazing memories possible. Try all of the restaurants, the food is amazing. Take time to understand the credit and supplement system if on all inclusive, its worth understanding. The hotel is spotless, the gardens well kept and they even rake the beach so you don't hurt your feet on the coral! Ladies take your hairdryer , cause the one in the room isnt very powerful.
A good tip!!, take care when booking trips/ tours, compare prices, the hotel ( bookable at reception) offers taxi shuttles and private taxis cheaper than the tour people, and you get to go where you want to go not where they have to take you. Some things felt a little to organised!!
We had an amazing 9 days, made some great friends, encouraged by dedicated staff. How much or how little you do is up to you. The Maritim Hotel, is one to visit, with memories to treasure - we hope to be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava