Our first night at the Maritim on arrival was unfortunately marred. We certainly were not met with drinks and towels and the experience was rushed. The room to us was clearly not fully ready and the bags were late arriving.I was also surprised to hear a lot of noise from the corridor and from adjoining rooms which we have not normally experienced in five star hotels. Towels were also worn and tired and although these did improve a bit they all need to be replaced in our view to bring up to a five star standard.
The hotel itself is set in magnificent grounds and is very attractively laid out. The staff cannot do enough for you and there is a high standard of personal attention for guests. The hotel did us proud by giving us room 116 very near the beach although it was a step from reception. The room itself was very good indeed and apart from the lack of sound proofing was well appointed. Although we did have quiet nights there is a potential for disturbance.
Food. There are three very good restuarants aside from the Belle Vue buffet. Once you have worked out what you are entitled to, which can be a little confusing at first, it is easy enough to book for one of the other three. We chose to book with the Lamaree restaurant on the beach. The food is certainly outstanding here and the setting with log fires in the evening little short of paradise.
The Belle Vue restaurant to our mind though needs to be improved on food. The setting is attractive and the staff highly attentive but although there is plenty of choice the standard is not five star quality.
The beach is well set out with plenty of space and no problems with sun beds.There is also a beach service where staff bring drinks to you, which is good. If you have children the hotel is child friendly.
So, all in all we would say that there are points for improvement although we had a very pleasant time there overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava