I just returned from this hotel after ten nights there for my honeymoon and felt the need to review straight away as the hotel is brilliant. We booked through Virgin Holidays and flew with emirates, all very smooth. upon arrival in a shared minibus with two others we were greeted by about 5 staff offered a welcome drink, cool towel and started the check-in process, all smooth and our room was ready despite being early. Our room was lovely (239, ground floor sea view with a little terrace) and the hotel had decorated it and gifted us with champagne fresh fruit and flipflops as well as giving us a complimentary meal at Le Chateaux Mon Desir (their fine dining restaurant) and a 50% off voucher for a spa treatment each.
The hotel is clean, well maintained, the gardens and lush and very well looked after. The staff are all delightful and all have their own way of working which is amusing, eg “Dave" on the beach does things in his own time but is very attentive, "Kadu" (sp) in the main bar is so efficient, you havent finished your drink before he tops it up
The buffet restaurant is great esp breakfast, the dinners are very varied and there is something for everyone, my favourite being the sushi bar every night and also the giant prawns! Our favourite was La Maree, lunches on the set menu are included in the all-inclusive and there is also a set menu at night which is included but we didn’t try this as the supplement given meant we could have lobster and steak for just an extra £20. What we were disappointed in was this supplement / included set menu in this restaurant and the Asian wasn’t made clear, we found this out on day 4 from another guest, so make sure you look into entitlements as after this we ate at La Maree every lunch and twice for dinner and twice at the asian for next to nothing extra. Also book up for La Maree, it gets busy, we would have liked to eat there more in the evening but didn’t get our act together.
Cocktails were delicious, and the staff love making up shooters of their own recipes for you. Our favourite time was our sun downer drinks on the beach at La Maree with a plate of mini samosas (free) watching the sunset. there was never anyone there so a little secret!
Our complimentary meal at the chateaux was a little disappointing but this was nothing to do with the standard of food there, it was as we were on a set menu, the a la carte looked lovely, if we had had time we would have gone back for a la carte. The wine isn’t included and pricey but we didn’t mind as the meal was a gift, so splashed out on a lovely perfectly chilled bottle of chablis
The spa was beautiful and tranquil and the massages were great, another tip is the massage hut on the beach 15mins for £10 and it was never busy
The free water sports were great, the water-ski guys were so helpful in their teaching and the glass bottom boat and snorkelling trips were great, you must also go and see the tortoises. Don’t listen to people talking about the dogs, there are three dogs (there was four but one guest when we were there adopted one and felw it back home!) and they never come up to you, the hotel looks after them right down the end of the beach
There must be loads more I could write but all in all an amazing holiday, great hotel and great staff, Management need to congratulate every one of them as they all deserve it - thanks, my husband has promised we can return on our 5 year anniversary and I can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius is ideally situated on the sunniest and sheltered northwest of the island along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay. It covers an estate of 25 hectares and offers an exclusive array of experiences. The hotel, framed by a tropical garden, features 215 luxurious ocean facing rooms, suites and a Villa, free WiFi, 3 bars, 1 international buffet restaurant and 5 ‘à la carte’ restaurants, including one ‘feet in the sand’, an Asian fusion, a BBQ beach beer, Lakaz Kreol for an authentic Mauritian feel and the fine dining restaurant Château Mon Désir an exceptional colonial style mansion house overlooking historical vestiges of the 18th century. Well-being is taken care of by its multi-awarded Maritim Tropical Flower Spa offering exclusive treatments and stunning wellness facilities on 3,500 sqm. An infinite range of land and water sports are available free of charge including a 9-hole and an equestrian centre. Special care is taken of the little ones wit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava