This hotel and its personnel are superb. Nothing is too much trouble. Check in and checkout were quickly done with a warm towel and a refreshing drink. Because we arrived early in the morning our room was not ready, but they have a lounge with lockers, toilets, showers and heaps of towels.Also you were given a security key for the roomand locker and a pass for all your meals and drinks until you had your permanent one when your room was ready. The room was brilliant and large with all the amenities you could want. Fresh towels were provided around 8pm when your bed was turned down, a fresh bottle of water put next to your bed and lights turned on. The view from the balcony was spectacular. There are four restaurants to choose from and are excellent both with service and the food. The La Maree have special nights though you do have to book days in advance to get a table. We did not use the Chateau, but we gathered it was very expensive and the set menu not brilliant. There are 25hectares of grounds to wander through with ruins, 9 hole golf course, equestrain centre, giant tortoises, waterfalls and wonderful trees and foliage. If you don't want to walk far there is a mini shuttle service which will take you around or to a particular area and pick you up at a given time. Staff were constantly cleaning everywhere all the time including the beaches, pool area, and everywhere. The Quaterdeck bar is great with a huge menu of drinks. The pool bar staff were awesome and constantly fed and watered you all day. The Spa is fantastic and should be used. You feel in another world. The whole package was brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava