This was our 4th time in Mauritius, 1st time at the Maritim. Based on the reviews on trip advisor and previous visits we had high hopes. Upon arrival we found it confusing to understand the restaurant options. We had 3 days working it out before my frustration got the better of me. Having experienced poor service and attitude, i shared this with the manager. I shared my experience that the staff did not demonstrate all that we had come to expect from the friendly Mauritiuan people. Being assured of change nothing did!!!! Highlighted by the request for hangers taking 3 days and with the managers command all 4 of the 8 requested turned up.
The overall service is not what I have come to expect of 5 star or the brand. Towels are annoying, they are poor quality and only allowed 1for the beach. The 'communications team' walk around asking what they can do for you, which is not a lot and they do not come across as being sincere in their interest.
We visited the La Maree beach resaurant twice and the food was not great and the service was poor, made worse by attention to detail.
Overall the property is beautiful, maybe if it was your 1st time here it would feel special. There are many returning customers who have noticed a lot of change, but in comments I heard not for the better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius is ideally situated on the sunniest and sheltered northwest of the island along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay. It covers an estate of 25 hectares and offers an exclusive array of experiences. The hotel, framed by a tropical garden, features 215 luxurious ocean facing rooms, suites and a Villa, free WiFi, 3 bars, 1 international buffet restaurant and 5 ‘à la carte’ restaurants, including one ‘feet in the sand’, an Asian fusion, a BBQ beach beer, Lakaz Kreol for an authentic Mauritian feel and the fine dining restaurant Château Mon Désir an exceptional colonial style mansion house overlooking historical vestiges of the 18th century. Well-being is taken care of by its multi-awarded Maritim Tropical Flower Spa offering exclusive treatments and stunning wellness facilities on 3,500 sqm. An infinite range of land and water sports are available free of charge including a 9-hole and an equestrian centre. Special care is taken of the little ones wit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava