This hotel is enormous, but well managed for the scale of the hotel, it's rather deceiving in terms of the size as it is spread out over three levels to the North and South
The grounds are extensive, however we never felt crowded as the guests spread them selves out around the premises. They have 25 hectares of tropical gardens for you to explore, and the beach front is well spread out. TIP: bring your water booties for swimming out past the coral reefs. As well as your own snorkels.
The swimming pool is amazing in therms of its design and it has a feature bridge over the middle connecting to the bar area.
We were on a half board package which was more then adequate for us and there was more than enough variety within the four restaurants for us to choose from. If you wish to eat in any of the three restaurants other than The Belle Vue , you get a credit to use in them, which worked very well. We were more than happy to,pay the additional supplement for the drinks and food that we chose. Our favourite dinner was in the La Maree restaurant which is located on the sea shore, and here we dined , twice, on the beach , the sea food was amazing , with a great choice of local fish. TIP: When you arrive reserve your tables immediately for La Maree as there is limited capacity.
The water sports offering is extensive, and includes water-skiing, snorkelling, trips in the glass bottom boat, pedello rides and sea kayaks, but the highlight for us , which we payed extra for,was swimming with the dolphins which is a three hour morning trip. Para gliding was also excellent , they can get you as high as 125 m on a good day.
Our room was comfortable, the air conditioning was quiet & worked very effectively. You get a large bottle of water each night with the turn down service and there is fresh milk in your room to make tea and coffee.
The spa facility is superb , the couples massage also great and relaxing.
We really enjoyed our stay here at the Maritim , it was extremely relaxing and all the staff were very welcoming, professional and friendly, and they go out of their way to please you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava