Flew with Air Mauritius direct from Heathrow, apart from the limited leg room the flight was good arriving at both destinations on time. The transfer from the airport took around 1 hr 15 mins, but this is subject to the time you hit the traffic in Port Louis(Capital City).
On arrival at the hotel we were met by one of the Customer Service Team and escorted to a comfortable sitting area where we were given iced teas and a warm cloth to cleanse our hands and face. Once we had completed the “checking in” formalities we were given a temporary room card to use as we had arrived mid morning and the room was not available until the afternoon.
We had booked a Privilege room which was on the lower ground floor level with a view out into the bay. The room was very spacious, had walk in shower, separate toilet, his and hers wash basins and a stand alone bath. There were portable sliding partitions which would give you additional privacy if you chose to take a bath rather than a shower. There was amble wardrobe and drawers space available for your clothing etc.The room was cleaned daily and each evening a member of staff would provide clean towels and bottled water.
The complex had two affinity swimming pools which you could use with comfortable sun loungers and parasols.
The beaches were of golden sand although the sand was quite course in a lot of areas. Again there were amble comfortable wooden sun Loungers and Parasols for use.
Having been on All Inclusive packages elsewhere in the world found it unusual to have to pay supplements to eat in other restaurants at the resort. Generally the standard of food was good but sometimes felt it was limited in its choices.
There in a spa at the resort which we used on a regular basis with certain amenities available free of charge. There are various discounts offered to you as guests on the treatments that are available which make them affordable to holiday goers.
The hotel sits in tropical gardens and has a waterfall and historic ruins which are used for receptions and parties.It also has its own animal farm which houses ducks, goats, chickens and giant tortoises.
Finally a big thank you to all the staff and management at the resort who provided us with a “First Class” service during our vacation. We were taken aback by your warm and kindness that was on display each and everyday.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Mauritius
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius is ideally situated on the sunniest and sheltered northwest of the island along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay. It covers an estate of 25 hectares and offers an exclusive array of experiences. The hotel, framed by a tropical garden, features 215 luxurious ocean facing rooms, suites and a Villa, free WiFi, 3 bars, 1 international buffet restaurant and 5 ‘à la carte’ restaurants, including one ‘feet in the sand’, an Asian fusion, a BBQ beach beer, Lakaz Kreol for an authentic Mauritian feel and the fine dining restaurant Château Mon Désir an exceptional colonial style mansion house overlooking historical vestiges of the 18th century. Well-being is taken care of by its multi-awarded Maritim Tropical Flower Spa offering exclusive treatments and stunning wellness facilities on 3,500 sqm. An infinite range of land and water sports are available free of charge including a 9-hole and an equestrian centre. Special care is taken of the little ones wit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava