The Maritim Hotel was amazing, we cant thank them enough for making our honeymoon very special.
They make the effort from the moment you arrive - greeting you with cocktails and hot towels. We also were given some sparling wine, towels in the shape of swans and flower petals.
Great food - top tip though go to La Maree for Lunch, its included as part of the all inclusive. Fantastic food. We also booked to the Banyan restaurant a few nights (essentially covered by the 750 rupee PP allowance that you are given), really lovely good quality pan asain food.
We ate the Chatue mon desir one nigh, very fancy, felt special but smallish portions.
They catered very well for vegetarian food.
Beach and pool always clean, always managed to get a sun lounger.
We had booked through virgin and Michela the rep was great. We went on the catamaran trip (£88_ but worth every penny. Also on the tour of the south. Good advice is to hire a car+driver (through the hotel) to take you to grand bay and port louis. The hotel also packed us a packed lunch as we were all inclusive, and ended up having a lovely day out.
SPA fab too (very expensive, but worth it), we enjoyed quite a lot of the last minute deals
really enjoyed and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava