We have literally just returned home (2 hours ago) from an amazing 10 night stay in a prestige room all inclusive holiday. We have experienced many luxurious holidays and hotels around the world and can truly say that this is amongst the best. From the minute you arrive you know you are in a special place. My husband and I read lots of reviews before we went away and would like to give our honest heartfelt opinion on a number of areas and what was important to us.
Rooms - stayed in a spacious prestige room overlooking the immaculately kept gardens and the Indian Ocean, a wonderful vista to wake up to every morning. The mini bar was well stocked every day and our room was kept in pristine condition by Mariella, our wonderful cleaning lady.
Amenities - amenities were endless and we probably only took advantage of a few including golf, kayaking, mini golf, water skiing, glass bottom boat. We thoroughly enjoyed them all and next time will make better use of some of the others but after a miserable summer in England, it was enough for us just to be there. A special thank you to Gael at the golf house for your tips on how to get over the 9th hole without landing a ball in the river!!
Food - the quality and the choice available was probably one of the highlights of our holiday, we were quite blown away by what was on offer. We ate at all of them and had no problem whatsoever making a reservation at La Maree, in fact we were able to get in there 4 nights out of 10 and could probably have done more if we wanted to but were equally happy to eat at the Belle Vue and also dined at the Chateau on the gourmet pass which we would highly recommend. I have read previous reviews that the AI option at La Maree is limited - ridiculous!! We ate there nearly every lunchtime and found plenty to go at over the 10 days plus in the evening the AI option changes every day and consists of 2 starters and 2 mains and if that isn't enough the 700 RS allowance covers a great deal of other things on the menu.
Bars - we loved our evenings which were spent flitting backwards and forwards between the Quarter Deck bar and the La Maree beach bar which all guests can use even if not dining at La Maree. We never ever had a problem getting a seat in either of them and a special thank you to Kamal in the QD bar - wonderful Mexican colada and also to Jayesh in La Maree beach bar.
Beach - contrary to previous reports, we never had a problem finding a sun bed. We preferred the beach to the pool but even then we noticed that beds round pool were still available at 9 and people came and went during the day. We preferred to lie on the beds on the right hand side of La Maree where excellent beach service was provided by Jay and Dave who looked after us so well (and everyone else) from the minute we arrived, thank you guys.
Entertainment - as mentioned on many previous reports, the sea dancers are great but we especially loved the musicians in La Maree beach bar and restaurant that were they every lunch and for dinner - amazing, so talented.
Other unsung heros - all the staff make the Maritim and I have already mentioned a few. However, I do think that there are lots of staff behind the scenes that all make the Maritim a wonderful place, such as the chefs in the Belle Vue and La Maree and the gardeners, in particular Premchand and the lady whose name I didn't get (but was looking after the gardens in front of room 236), whose smiles greeted you every morning and who worked so hard. Thank you also to the wonderful reception staff, especially Nitish who greeted us so warmly.
I felt very emotional when I left this wonderful place and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava