We visited this hotel in September 2010 and were totally wowed from the minute we arrived. Set in acres of lush gardens and perched right on a stretch of beach it truly is a stunning resort. And the warm welcome and treatment we received throughout from the staff matched the high standards. I work for Cosmopolitan magazine and my partner is also a seasoned traveller, so between us we've stayed in many nice hotels, but this one tops our list. Our suite was spacious, luxurious and immaculately kept. From the reception to the restaurant to the bars to the beach, the staff were faultless and totally adorable in their efforts to please. Then there was the food... Fresh, imaginative, and totally delicious we were spoilt for choice at every meal. There's even a sushi bar! All inclusive food doesn't come any better. On the whole it's a quiet, couples resort which suited us just fine. But pleasingly the bar does get a little lively at night and with the staff making sure your glass is never empty, a good time is always guaranteed if that's what you're after! We'd love to return to the Maritim in higher season as this hotel really is something special - great memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava