My husband and I decided to go to Angsana Balaclava following the reviews on TripAdvisor to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We knew the hotel was a five star but we did not expect it to be as nice as what we experienced.
We were Impressed upon our arrival with the warm welcome from Kiran who showed us to our very nice room - a spa suite which was huge and extremely different from what we know as hotel rooms. The design and the way the space was used is very impressive. The best part was that we had a private pool all to ourselves which was brilliant! We were absolutely thrilled and made the most of this!
Though we checked in late we had no problem dipping into the two pools at around 6pm! The hotel has two pools, one of has salted water. We spent loads of times during our stay.
There were welcoming smiles from everyone and during all our stay anything we asked was graciously accommodated like our food preferences if there were changes we wanted for our menu.
The staff had a surprise cake and champagne placed in our room for our anniversary while we were having dinner! We were very touched by all this attention.
Dinner on the first night was an impressive buffet and then onwards an a la carte. Food was of a good standard. Preetum, Nitesh and Nicola were always around and ready to help us in the various restaurants for the different meals of the day.
Roopesh from the Fitness Centre was very engaging and welcome me and my husband for various activities like pilates/yoga on the beach/visit of the area around the hotel/bocci balls/table-tennis. He is very resourceful and is very motivating instructor.
I had a massage and a treatment at the Spa which was another highlight for me. Yolene welcome me to the serene room which instantly made me feel relaxed. She was very attentive to what I told her and made sure that during the massage I was happy with everything. She also had precious advice about exercises to relieve pressure from working on computers and on how I should take time to cool down and do stretches after exercising. I left the spa feeling light and happy.
We would like to thank all the people mentioned above who made our stay a memorable one and also Amish, the Executive Chef and the General Manager.
We definitely will be coming back to Angsana Balaclava.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius