“Our dream wedding at amazing Angsana!”

Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Balaclava
A TripAdvisor Member
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

When we decided to get married in Mauritius, we shortlisted few hotels that met our needs, and contact them all. We chose Angsana Balaclava hotel without any doubt, and we felt right from the start that this hotel and his staff really felt what we need from our wedding.

We can't thank enough the wedding coordinator, Vanessa, who made our wedding to be really and truly the Wedding of our dreams!! Right from the start she was super friendly, kind and professional, and met our every single wedding related wish.

The whole Angsana staff was just amazing! At the reception, at spa, at dining area...

When we arrived we booked beachfront suite, and we were upgraded to Imperial villa, that was absolutely gorgeous! A a matter of fact, we got married in front of the villa, in its yard next to the beach and the pool! Vanessa and the rest of Angsana team took care of every single detail when it came to make the ceremony a pure perfection! They selected two wonderful musicians who sang and played our favourite songs, we couldn't ask for better musicians, they brought magic to the whole event! Kiss from a rose is still on my mind... :)

Photographer Arvin and cameraman Raj did wonderful job with photographs and video too.

The overall hotel looks stunning! Perfect for couples, it brings romance in its every step, ideal venue for the wedding and honeymoon! Tasty food in their restaurants, superb apartments, and also possibilities for other outside of the hotel activities.

All in all, 11 out of 10! We're truly impressed and super happy! Thank you one more time to Angsana team and they unlimited efforts to realize the Perfect Wedding!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Vesna and Enrico,

First of all congratulations on your beautiful wedding! We are immensely pleased that you chose to celebrate your special occasion with us.

Also, thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. I am delighted to read such warm comments on our resort.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am truly happy to read that you fully enjoyed you stay in the imperial villa. This palatial villa is ideal for travellers looking to experience the luxury of space and privacy.

Your kind comments have been passed on to Vanessa and the rest of the team. They are all absolutely thrilled to know that you had an incredible experience and dream wedding at the resort.

Our team is trained to be authentic, friendly, gracious and provide a service attitude that is above expectations and it is very encouraging to know that you were able to experience this with the Angsana Balaclava Mauritius team.

Again, I would like to thank you for your very kind comments on our resort. It was with great pleasure that we welcomed you and we sincerely hope to see you again very soon at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

When I entered my beachfront suite (with a personal pool and Jacuzzi) instantly I knew that this was the best room I have stayed in. Amazing place
Only needs improvement in breakfast, particularly for vegetarians

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank sandeepvaishya
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

I would like to thank you for taking some time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am especially glad to know that during your business trip you were able to unwind and disconnect in your beachfront suite. I am pleased that you enjoyed the suite and its various facilities after a hard day at work.

At Angsana Balaclava Mauritius guests are spoilt for choice with our exotic Asian fusion menus as well as international European cuisine, authentic Creole food or even our piquant Indian cuisine. I sincerely hope you were able to enjoy those various dishes.

We have taken notes of your comments and we thank you as they will truly help us monitor and improve further our Angsana services and facilities.

I trust you had a safe trip back home and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the resort.

A TripAdvisor Member
Beijing
Reviewed October 15, 2013

All the staff in the hotel are very enthusiastic. For example, restaurant waiter afraid that I was cold to take my shawl. The waiter gave me mineral water beach. There is provided a speedboat to take us to the waiter. The service here is very thoughtful. The room is very clean and comfortable. Special thanks to Michelle for Chinese service. Whether the restaurant or the spa environment, all the hotel was very good. Full of birds' twitter and fragrance of flowers. To experience the most authentic Mauritius style here. A trip is very good, I think I will definitely come back here.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a TripAdvisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. It is with great pleasure that I read your ‘amazing journey’ amongst us.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for a quiet and relaxing moment. We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the sound of the birds chirping and the wonderful scent of our garden flowers.

Our team is trained to be authentic and provide service attitude that is above expectation and I am delighted that all staff were able to assist your needs. Your warm comments were passed on to Michelle and the rest of the team that has made your stay with us a great success.

I hope you had a safe trip back home and we definitely look forward to seeing you back at the resort.

Pascal Prigent.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at Angsana in the beginning of September 2013. We booked a beach villa and I had been hoping we would get one of the ground floor villas. We were given an upstairs, room 111 to be exact. It turned out to be the absolute best thing. There is so much more privacy upstairs, not that you risk intrusion on a constant basis at all in this gorgeous intimate part of Paradise.

We were well received by Kieran, with cold towels and a refreshing drink, given a gentle run down and then taken to our room. The room was stunning, really special. The bath hewn from stone and made for two, the hammam shower and we absolutely loved the showerhead in the shower. The bed slept super comfortable and the balcony with an oversized sofa for afternoon lazing was perfect. The splash pool got sun almost all day and it is set back far enough for a skinny dip so the rest of the world does not see you.

Staff was very good although waiting staff were a bit reserved for dinners and breakfast. We arrived on a Saturday night, which was buffet night, and it was not a bad buffet at all. After a long day flying though we were really not too hungry but I did get stuck on the curried seafood roti. Divine! Breakfasts were great with the choice of a cooked breakfast from the menu and the more Continental selection from the buffet. We were happy with the selection we had. Dinners were from a short a la carte menu that changed every day. We loved the variety, and I think keeping the menu short makes a difference for freshness and selection. The chef did a good job on meeting satisfaction on variety in dishes.

The beach itself is clean and well maintained. We never really sat on the beach as with that magic splash pool we were quite comfortable but we did observe the beach staff and they were very friendly and very attentive to those on the beach. The sea area is perhaps not my expectation of the Mauritius lagoon but this is in no way the fault of the resort and nature has her own way and here she has decided to put rocks and such. You could swim but it was not a great area for that however the usual boating fun activities could still be done like kayaking and pedal boating.

The package we booked included a beach dinner for our 23-year anniversary and we were set up and Makesh (???) took care of us brilliantly. We were rained on and moved to a secluded private and romantic area near the restaurant where we were serenaded by frogs and fed a lovely meal. This is a place I have no reservation recommending if you want quite and peace and romance. I hate the hustle and bustle of the big resorts and by no means do I want loud music and louder people. This peaceful resort that seems so at one with nature was wonderful.

The only gripes we had were for the entertainment that happened only on two occasions, the first night and then one morning they had a gent playing the piano at breakfast. It felt rather loud and cheesy and I suppose if you have seen Sega a few times well it is what it is. The other gripe was the cost of wine, goodness it feels like highway robbery. I am a chef and somewhat of a wine aficionado. To find a bottle of my favourite that I know costs $15-00 USD at home suddenly costing $150-00 US is just plain offensive and no matter how much any Mauritian resort tries to explain that it is equal to other resorts I say it is wrong on so many levels as it is an absolute act of robbery! The wine menu was extensive and I would also strongly encourage the chef and sommelier to include some recommendations of wine for dishes, not every one has a good understanding and to pay so much for a bottle of wine that could ruin a meal or in turn be ruined by a meal is not fair to a customer. The other area that we needed help in was figuring out how to operate the hot water tap for the glorious stone bath. It eluded us for a day but house keeping was happy to demonstrate the complexity of it and we used it happily. We also would have loved our bath salts to be refilled as we enjoyed the use of them immensely and perhaps housekeeping was a bit erratic in that department of what was replaced and what was not, as sometimes towels really needed to be replaced with dry ones but were overlooked.

Angsana is a true bit of paradise and we take some beautiful memories of our stay there and anticipate a return.

Room Tip: Upstairs beach villas have by far more privacy for a couple.
1  Thank pawsandclaws
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Angsana Balaclava Mauritius and Congratulations on your 23 year anniversary!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment following your stay at our resort. We are glad to hear that you had a satisfying moment.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. You definitely won’t miss the busy hustle and bustle of city life as you’ll be surrounded by calmness and serenity in our rustic surroundings.

Executive Chef Suardi and his team will be thrilled to know that you they were able to lure your appetite to enjoy our Mauritian buffet. The Angsana Balaclava Mauritius concept aims to provide the most delicious international cuisines as well as contemporary Asian Fusion cuisine. Chef and the team continuously pride themselves in creating a memorable culinary experience for each of our guest.

It is very encouraging to know that some of our associates went the extra mile during your stay. Our team is dedicated and always ready to make each guest stay special. Your gracious comments have been passed to Kiran and Mahesh as well as the rest of the team who take great pride in what they do. Moreover, they will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

Once again we would like to thank you for your kind comments on our resort. I trust you had a safe trip back home and that we will be expecting another visit soon. It was a pleasure to have you stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Pascal Prigent.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in march 2013, in the beachfront suite, the hotel is amazing! Very luxurious, but warm and welcoming at the same time. Food is great! Nice selections and familiar taste, and when i asked they told me that the head chef is from Bali, and I'm from Jakarta, so we had a little chat and a little kitchen visit. Room is gorgeous! The best I've seen so far, the bed is super comfortable and super loving the steam room, stone bath, the jacuzzi and especially the good size swimming pool with beach view, it was paradise and feels very private n the best part i don't have to go out of the room! what we paid was really worth it. We stayed in few different hotels in different areas in Mauritius, st Regis, st Geran, long beach hotel, and without a doubt Angsana is the stand out. Will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JunitaLinken
Angsana Balacla... M, General Manager at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Junita,

It is with great pleasure that I read your TripAdvisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

We are especially happy to hear that you enjoyed your BeachFront suite and all its various facilities. What’s the secret? It is especially designed to provide a sense of cosiness to make it feel like a home away from home to our guests.

I am particularly glad that you were able to have a culinary exchange with Chef Suardi our executive chef. He, along with his dedicated team work hard at creating innovating dishes to please our guests.

Once again, thank you for your warm comments. Rest assured that they have been passed on to the whole team that has made your stay at Angsana Balacalva Mauritius above all 'worth it'. Our team is trained to be authentic, friendly, gracious and provide a service attitude that is above expectations and we are glad to read that they were up to standards and expectations.

It has been a real treat having you at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius and we hope to welcome you once again at the resort.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Its a fantastic place for honeymooners and those couple looking for tranquil moments and for those who need a real break..... Best place ever visited... and it is so different and calm and the service is really good....

Room Tip: the high pitch one for a good view on the grand blue sea
4  Thank Leena96

Dear Lena,

We would like to thank you for leaving such a nice comment on Trip Advisor following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius. It is always a pleasure to read warm comments from our valued guests.

I am thrilled to read of your relaxing experience at our resort. Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius is definitely a melting pot of romance and relaxation for honeymooners and couples.

We are glad that you enjoyed the various services and facilities offered by the resort and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at this ‘awesome place in Paradise’.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for 9 nights in end of September and had the best vacation ever!

First, the design of the hotel is outstanding. We immediately fell in love with the hotel, and enjoyed very much simply waking up to the incredible view, and spending time by the pool and the beach.

Second, the room (Garden Suite) was perfect. Not only is it designed with great style and attention to every small detail, but it is also very comfortable and spacious. It is evident that the hotel is relatively new; all the room facilities were in perfect condition.

Third, the staff was excellent. It was friendly and helpful without being overwhelming, and polite without being too formal. Just the service you want for your honeymoon.

Last, the food was great. We are foodies and came to Mauritius after 4 days in Paris, so the hotel definitely had a high bar to meet. The food quality was somewhat inconsistent, but overall high quality, and sufficiently diverse that we enjoyed it throughout our stay.

During our vacation we got to look at several other hotels in Mauritius, and we realized we had made the right choice. Angsana was the most beautiful hotel, and the best fit for our honeymoon. It is small enough to feel intimate, yet large enough to include all the facilities and variety of food that we need. We were so happy with it that we decided that that one day we will visit another Angsana resort.

Small minuses just to be fair and complete with the review:

- The pool is not heated; this isn't an issue in the summer, but for us (September) the temperature was borderline - we swam but not for long.
- The jacuzzi is not heated either; I read reviews praising the jacuzzi, but we didn't like it as we're used to hot jacuzzi.
- The hotel is located at the southern end of Balaclava, resulting extra few minutes of drive when you go out. If you rent a car (we did through Mauritius Attractions) take into account that the roads lighting and signage are poor. GPS is highly recommended.

Room tip: We consulted Mauritius Attractions for a honeymoon hotel and and they introduced us to a Honeymoon package at Angsana that was great value, and only applied to the Garden Suite. It had some view to the beach, but a bit further away, and did not have its own private pool. We loved it anyhow, and thought the beachfront suites weren't nearly worth the extra rate. Depends on your budget obviously.

7  Thank ophir2

Dear Valued guest,

We would like to thank you for taking some time for leaving a Trip Advisor comment following your stay at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius.

Nestled in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava Mauritius with its 52 suites, offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. I am glad that you enjoyed your garden suite. Surrounded by tropical landscaping and lagoon pool views it definitely exudes a rustic charm and it is with great pleasure that I see you enjoyed it’s coziness and great style.

I am even so pleased that during your honeymoon you were able to experience our authentic, friendly and gracious team that work hard to provide a service attitude that is above expectations. Your kind comments are encouraging and rest assured that they have been passed on to everyone that has made your stay unique.

Once again we would like to thank you for your comments. They will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced, and which are one of the trademarks of our brand.

I hope you had a safe trip back to Tel Aviv and we look forward to welcome you back at the resort.

Yours Sincerely,

Pascal Prigent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Balaclava
The Oberoi, Mauritius
Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius
Constance Prince Maurice
Constance Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq

Been to Angsana Balaclava Mauritius? Share your experiences!