Just came back from one week break with my husband and 13 months son. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere as other people mentioned already and the ocean is not very clean due to the river and the nearby port, the sand is not great either. However, we have no problem with any of these as we were looking for a quite family break and the fact that the hotel is isolated did not bother us. We were happy to use the pools as they were safer and cleaner for our baby and hence no issue with the ocean either. Due to the small number of suites and the fact that most of them have their own pools the resort was very quite and we were enjoying the pools mainly by ourselves or just with few more guest around.
The food was good, we really liked the lack of the buffet for dinner so we could have freshly prepared three course dinners. We were also touched by the fact that special baby food was prepared for our son and delivers to our suite.
Accommodation is very specious and we enjoyed lovely views from our balcony. Bathrooms are real treat and the bed is huge!
Staff was really nice and friendly, and always happy to help. We were impressed by Kiran who was always friendly and did his best to assist, and he was always smiling.
Unfortunately, there were some negatives I should mention - food and drinks are very expensive, same goes for the spa treatments. I will also join the reviewers before me who found unacceptable to be charged for the Nespresso capsules in your room. This is petty and for a five star resort is embarrassing and I would urge the management to review this practice.
Overall. we had an amazing holiday and we would love to go back to the resort in few years time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius