This was the second part of our honeymoon following an incredible few days in Africa. Everything we had there for free was charged in angsana, from the rose petal bath to simple things like coffee and water in your bedroom. The hotel boasts about its wine cellar then never was able to provide what we asked for (from their menu). They also failed to provide a vegetarian meal every single night. Twice I was asked if I wanted lettuce, three times soup. This was also what I was then given AGAIN for our "special honeymoon" meal. Nothing felt like 5 star. We were having a luxurious honeymoon and yet still you felt permanently ripped off. The beach is ok but very stony and you are far from everything-hence the reason the hotel knows it can rip you off. There was one lovely member of the team-Kieran. Look out for him, he goes out of his way to help you and always greets you with a smile. The rest are a little rude and miserable. I hate leaving a negative review but for anyone going to Mauritius, stay somewhere else, would be a shame to waste your experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius