We spent 3 nights during our 10-days honeymoon in Mauritius in this hotel and I need to say that it's really luxury. The suites are great, though you won't have the private garden like in Oberoi. We stayed at the second floor sea-view suite with private swimming pool and I need to say that the suite is even bigger than you need. We had 2-rooms bathroom with a steam bath (which actually didn't work properly) and 20mt sea-view terrace. The service is great, but no so great as in Oberoi (which costs almost the same). Wifi in our room worked really bad and the hotel stuff could do nothing with that. The real disappointment was food. The breakfast's buffet was quite good, but dinners...it took too long to get starter and main course (about 30 minutes or more) and the food itself wasn't awesome. If you are not a gourmand you will find this food very good. But in such a hotel you expect food to be "WOW"! There was no "wow" from me at all. I also need to say, that drinks are not overpriced for such a restaurant: non-alcoholic cocktail will cost you about 7Euro including taxes, and alcoholic will cost you about 12 Euro. I think it's not much if you are ready to pay over 300 Euros for 1 night staying.
The hotel as many others 5* hotels in Mauritius, offers free water service including water ski and snorkeling. We took water ski 2 or 3 times and once my wife was skiing for about 20 minutes, though the regular round is only 3-4 minutes. We sailed to Oberoi (it's about 2km from Angsana) and we saw dolphins near the coast. The sail-man stopped the boat and we spent about 20 minutes, watching the dolphins and taking pictures of them.
The hotel is absolutely new (it was opened in Dec 11) but you will never say that it's so new if you don't know. There are only about 50 rooms in the hotel and as it still not very famous, there are hardly even 70 guests in the hotel. The territory is not very big, but the beach is pretty nice and you can even swim in the sea if you like.
I think the price for this hotel is a little bit high, cause you can take Oberoi for almost same amount, where you can get awesome service and amazing food. But anyway, this hotel is also luxury for sure and if you didn't ever go to such a hotels you will like it, trust me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius