My fiancee and I spent a week at the Intercontinental Resort in Mauritius where he proposed and I said yes!! It was the most beautiful setting to our engagement. The hotel is spacious and has an extensive private beach overlooking its own private island. All rooms have balconies overlooking the ocean. Both the rooms and other parts of the hotel are beautifully done up - modern and elegant with a feeling of light and space throughout. The bathrooms have stand alone baths, his-and-hers sinks and separate shower and toilet cubicles. We got an upgrade to a jacuzzi room which comes with its own private terrace with jacuzzi and sun loungers. This separate terrace is the size of a regular room!! Best of all, the hotel has four restaurants serving exceptional food. We were particularly impressed by the Indian food at Veda as well as the food at the seafood restaurant Segala. We opted to go for a candlelit dinner on the beach at Segala which was wonderful. The staff (Ravi and Ozzy) were exceptional in looking after us. The service was prompt, the attention to detail praiseworthy and they always made sure that our glasses were full and our plates cleared without ever intruding. We loved the food so much we went back a second night to the restaurant where we were treated to a lovely rum cocktail on the house! All in all this resort seems hard to beat. The food is top-notch, the rooms are tastefully done up, the service is exceptional and the beaches and pool immaculately clean. Full marks from us on every score!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava