We stayed at the Intercontinental Mauritius as a family of 5 (3 adults and 2 young children) in 2 Jacuzzi rooms.
We landed at the hotel at around 6 pm after a connecting flight via Dubai. Having travelled for over 10 hours, we were extremely tired. The check-in was relatively smooth. However, one of the room keys given to us did not work and it took the resort nearly 2 hours to sort out the key. The air-conditioning in one of the rooms was also not up to the mark.. This was sorted out the next day. Apart from these initial hitches, the rest of the stay was excellent.
The hotel property is very beautiful (though the seafront is rocky and the sand looks artificial). The two pools are very nice. We mostly used the heated pool which was nearer to our rooms.
The resort also has some basic water sports like kayaking, glass bottom boats and speed boats etc
The food is decent, though it tends to get repetitive. The resort being in a secluded location, one needs to go in for an all-paid package as there are not too many options for restaurants close by
The one area where the resort needs to improve is the service level. Though the staff tries hard to please, the professionalism and the promptness in resolving problems is seen lacking.
As we were travelling with kids, most of our days were full of physical activities and we usually landed at the resort late evening (in time for dinner) all tired. Hence did not get a chance to use the spa or the gym.
Would I go back to the hotel? Probably yes.. but maybe only after a few years, after the staff has had enough experience in running such a large property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava