We were travelling with our 6 year old son. It's a very well spread out resort with 3 specialty restaurants and a coffee shop. A beautiful pool area facing the beach, a little lagoon after that a private island of the hotel. Beautiful views from there. Also a beach coffee shop area. The rooms were very good facing the sea, with a private balcony, spacious, and very spacious bathrooms with a bath tub, a shower cabinet separate and 2 wash basins, perfect for a family stay. The food is average, while the breakfast spread was great. The beach is rocky and going into the sea means wearing something in your feet. The water sports activities were complementary at the boat house. It's far away from any public area, so is great if one spends time at the resort itself. Well, you don't need to go out as well, as you have enough to do in the hotel. A nice spa as well. Overall a very good, luxurious and enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava