We( Husband, myself and 2 5 year old twin boys) stayed at Intercontinental resort from 12th Nov through to 15th Nov 2013. This was out first real family holiday outside of India and I was bit worried having to very active boys to keep busy.
The 2 bedroom family room was really so welcoming- big,comfy with big stand alone tub that was immediately popular with the kids. They could watch TV while having a bath as there was one fitted in bathroom.The staff were the best - ever so sweet and particularly very child friendly. They have a rather rocky beach but its safe for kids to swim/play in the lagoon with slippers/flip flops so no worries there. The kids enjoyed the outdoor heated pool too. The staff in the main dining area were just amazing and Rosie even took my son to the basthroom to wash the food off his face after his breakfast while I was finishing mine.
Only one incident that was somehow irritating for me was that although they have a bright big kids club the two girls at the front did not seem too welcoming or keen to know my kids nor wanted to be disturbed much. They also were very fast to put anything the boys touched back in its place and it seemed they were more interested to just keep the place looking clean all the time. On the second day we discovered they had some dvds so my sons and another 2 kids enjoyed watching a car racing movie- MQqueen. My boys wanted to see it again a day later but the girl from previous day wasnt there and although play area was practically empty other than a 2 year old playing with some toys along with her parents the girl ( geraldine ) was very unhappy about putting DVD for my boys. I requested thrice and pointed out that noone was watching TV/DVD but she said as kids watched to much TV at home it was their policy to discourage them to do so on holiday. But why even have DVDs or TVs than in Kids area. She finally agreed but said she wouldnt do so another time. I didnt have time to check with the hotel about their polices about this but want to say - please atleast let kids be free to walk around, enjoy ad relax in the kids club. Its meant for them so dont have so many difficult andf tiresome rules !!!
On the whole loved the hotel and would love to go back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava