We visited this hotel between 12th Aug to the 21st and we have to say what a fantastic unforgettable experience! The staff were very friendly, made us feel very welcome and went out of their way to see that our needs were met. I'm not sure why the negative reviews appear for this hotel as our experience couldn't have been better!
A special thanks to Nav the assistant manager who truly understands what excellent customer service is. On the first day we had a couple of issues with our room and after meeting with Nav he listened to the issues we had and presented us with solutions to resolve the matter as quickly as possible . We were upgraded to an Executive Suite with Jacuzzi which was a lovely gesture. He really did take the time to understand our issues fully and he handled our queries with the utmost calm and professionalism.
The food at the hotel was excellent - we tried all the restaurants and were impressed every time. Our favourite for breakfast was the Segala with the great service and friendly banter from Kristoph. Of course Kristoph's brother and sister in the Noble restaurant also did not disappoint displaying the same standards. We would like to also thank....Aneksha, Neil, Varsha and Nadine for their efforts in making our stay such a positive experience - they always delivered great service with a smile.
Finally we would like to mention Manav. We observed him on a daily basis setting up things for the evening entertainment etc and we have to say it was great to watch someone working so hard with such enthusiasm and passion for the benefit of your guests. He was always friendly in his interactions with us and again went out of his way to please us in any way that he could - always delivering excellent customer service.
We stayed at the hotel for 10 days and were very sad to leave such a great place and a fantastic set of people. We hope we will have the opportunity to visit again in the future and we would strongly recommend this hotel to friends and family as we know they won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava