My wife and I stayed at the Intercontinental for two weeks in September 2013. We had an excellent and enjoyable stay at the hotel and the service provided was outstanding from everyone. The hotel was able to accommodate our specific dietary requirements due to food intolerances and this was communicated across the hotel. From the moment we arrived to the time we left, everyone made us feel at home and after meeting members of management and staff felt like part of the family. The hotel is very nice and has up to date contemporary rooms which are very nice. I had a room close to the boat house and small heated pool which I used every morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be looking to go back there for our next visit.
There are too many names to mention but our thanks go out to the following:
Kevin and the whole Segala team.
Kevin ensured that our dietary requirements were taken care of so that our holiday could be hassle free, providing excellent meals and surprises at meal times. The whole team were very friendly and professional. Ditto for Nick and Wesley at Noble House. All of our dining experiences were great including Senso (Reena) and Veda, everyone went out of their way to ensure we were okay. The hotel has a great team with many characters and it is refreshing to say hello and have good banter with everyone from the gardening staff, housekeeping to management. Sanjay had a big part to play by ensuring our dietary requirements were echoed across the hotel. We were also able to celebrate a birthday and anniversary at the hotel restaurant thanks to Sunjay and Kevin hosting our groups from outside of the hotel.
Kevin Rittoo & Noor,
They provided great advice, directions, suggestions and altogether very helpful, we also used the hotel Limo service to take us to and from a Wedding where the driver waited at the wedding, took us to the reception and waited until we were ready to be taken back to the hotel.
Patrice and Olivier from the Gym, they offered advice and tips on training at the gym to get the best out of workouts. This was really good compared to other gyms I have used where you are just left to get on with what you are doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava