We had visited Mauritius for our Honeymoon. Although the resort and location were excellent, the Attitude of the Front Office Staff Was really horrible and nowhere close to the standards of other Intercontinental hotels. The Room Service were always delayed (1 to 1.5 hrs wait for an order) and the hotel was always out of stock on basic amenities. We also had to follow up multiple times for any requests we had placed to the room service.
The front office staff was not at all aware of any facilities or services. Every time we had approached the reception with any query, we always got a different and confused answer.
The Only PRO about the hotel was the Food and beverage Section.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava