I visited this hotel in June 2010 with my wife. After tiring flight to Mauritius, we're greeted by warm smile and lovely sun set view at reception.
We have booked a room with terrace Jacuzzi. Jacuzzi was the only disappointing thing in hotel. It was hardly working. Although hotel staff did their efforts to help us but it didn't help Jacuzzi.
Rooms and washrooms are big enough. Hotel has private big beach and you can enjoy beautiful sunset there. Food is lavish for non- vegetarians but for vegetarians, options are less. However, juices, fruits are served very good.
Service is very good although not excellent.
We enjoyed our staying in hotel and we really missed this hotel while leaving.
One should really go to this hotel unless you have very big pockets... :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava