Although it was nice hotel, but sorry to say i was quite unsatisfied with the services, i cant rate it a 5* resort as hotel doesn't know the proper set up for the honeymoon couple, and its a basic set up for all the hotels.Me n My Husband had a disaster flight with Air Mauritius, and we thought that after a long journey of 7 hours at least we will be able to rest in the hotel.We entered no courtesies was done ad also it took almost 40 mins o checked us in our Room No 1818.Room was clean but no honeymoon set up was there .The Bathroom amenities was not there.I called up guest service,the lady banged the phone again i have tried and requested to send some bathroom amenities and it came almost after an hour after requesting thrice.Oh!!! i cant even explain that was quite a bad experience.(and i have to request for it again n again on daily basis to provide us the amenities till the time of our checkout.)Staff is quite unprofessional. They will bang the phone and it happened on daily basis.
I dont know that Why staff is so frustrated nobody wants to smile even .The Worst part nowhere in the hotel you will find water to drink,if you are willing to have a glass of water then you have to purchase it, I understand all hotels have there own standards but please dont make anybody annoyed while not offering them a glass of water.
We went for the dinner in Senso, and ordered a Mojito, i cud see the seeds of lemon and it was quite bitter. i told the hostess standing there but she didnt get back to us.after that i have ordered a glass of coke,again the taste of coke was bitter,nobody was ready to listen us. I reported at the frontdesk and informed them as well that iam not gona pay for the mojito as i didnt consume it due to bitter taste. Girl at the reception told me that she will take care.
At the time of checkout the charges for the same was still there on my invoice.
There are many more bad experiences with the hotel, which i cant even express.
But yes i will higly appreciate NEEL(Guest Relation) and Ravin (Senso) for making us atleast smile.thank u guys.. keep rocking u guys are the big asset to Intercontinental Mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava