My husband and i went with his work to this location as part of their annual convention and it turned out to be a business but yet pleasureable trip which was really worth it!
I am all for a big breakfast at getaway locations and this is definitely one of the places that come to the party with their breakfast, it is by far the biggest variety of breakfast i have experienced, really something of everything for everyone to enjoy.
The rooms were clean and we enjoyed the privacy, we didnt travel with an international adapter so our phones and camera were dead by the time we got to the hotel, they probably only have a limited amount of stock on this and we had to wait an entire day before one became available. So if you do go on these trips please remember to take one, we couldnt take pictures on our first day and had to wait for the camera to charge again before we could go out and explore.
The best part of the resort is that all watersports are part of your package so you don't pay for anything, you just have to book a day in advance in most cases because they have specific departure times for the different watersports or boat trips. The beach towels are given to you on the beach front so you don't have to be too concerned about that, scooters are also available for hire, but that was at a cost.
They have diffr restaurants so it suits your taste buds in every way, Senso restaurant were my favroute probably because of the breakfast lol
The staff are very friendly, i had to check my emails and instead of billing me for using the internet they let me use it for 10 minutes for free just because
My overall experience at the hotel were really great! I would like to go back in a few years with my son as this location is great for family visits
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava