I happened to have to stay there at the beginning of September for business, but luckily enough my wife had a few days of vacation and she was able to join as I don't think you visit the Maritius every other day! The Mauritius is a very hospital island with very friendly people, so definitely one of the best destinations for a nice and relaxing vacation. The hotel is located on the coast, so you are litterally on the beach with an breathe-taking view of the ocean. The only disadvantage is that the hotel is quite far from downtown and you could be jammed in traffic during rush hours so if you are planning to explore the city, this may not be your best choice. But if you are instead planning for a relaxing vacation, this is definitely the place to be!
Good choice of restaurants, very efficient service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava