I would most definitely recommend this hotel to any honeymooners from the West. Everyone was so completely friendly, warm and kind to myself and my husband during our 10 night stay in September 2012.
I can not speak highly enough of the service we received, my husband thought more so than me.
Transfers- the transfers which were booked as part of our package ran smoothly, we were shown our private car and quickly transferred to our hotel.
Arrival- we had an extremely long journey and were really very tired, and we were welcomed on our first day by all staff and we were breath taken by the views over the balcony while we had a short wait for check in. We were then led to our room on a buggy- which is all I needed for my tired swollen feet.
Room- the rooms are cleaned twice a day, and they were always cleaned to a very high standard. Cleaning staff were also very friendly when we walked past.
First and foremost: I would like to say SUNNY SINGH from the Fitness centre was extremely kind enough to help us on his day off, where we had rented a car, and drove us around Mauritius and take us to some of the places we had on our itinerary. He was also helping my husband work out at the gym on the other days. We can not thank Sunny enough for what he did for us and how much he looked after us. I would recommend some sort of reward system, which I am sure you probably have in place already, for such staff members, that go out of their way to make travellers experience a unforgettable honeymoon.
Food- we LOVED Segala- See food and Mauritian cuisine, we almost ate there every day, sometimes even -3x a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner)! We even mention Segala until now (a WHOLE month and a bit after we have arrived back). We had our honeymoon dinner on the beach here, and the service is almost impeccable and can not find fault with the amount of attention we were given. Thank you to: Patrick, Keseven and their manager *who's name I have now forgotten* who made this a truly unforgettable experience! Thanks
BREAKFAST, good if you are in a hurry (off out), but it is huge and they often forgot to bring out drinks and had to ask several times- so we tried to avoid this place, but sometimes it was unavoidable when we were out in a hurry to go on excursions etc. Nonetheless, the food was just okay.
LUNCH: They are not open for lunch I don't think and if they are we never went.
DINNER: Indian buffet, again just okay a bit busy and hot and just a mix of loads of random food.. not my cup of tea.
VEDA: We went here once for dinner and were not impressed at all, went straight back to Segala.
NOBLE HOUSE: We went here for dinner twice, the food was okay, but the service a tad poor, so we decided to stick to Segala again! The decor is nice though!
PALMS:- I really liked this, was quick and easy loved the Dolphin mocktail..
BEACH- the sea was a bit cold for me at this time of the year and also a bit rough
Excursions- I would recommend using outside operators, much cheaper and offer the same thing
Car rental- Again, I would recommend using outside operators, much cheaper-
Taxi's- You might as well hire a car, as taxi fair to Port Louis was an absolute rip off!
Ask the staff for these things, they are more then willing to help or point in the right direction.
I would recommend going ALL INCLUSIVE as otherwise the hotel is expensive..
Entertainment- was okay, was always the same girls, so made it a bit boring. The musicians or mainly the singers in the lobby are awful! (SORRY)
Port Louis which is near by is a bit better for a night out.
We stayed between: 10th-20th September 2012.
p.s- make sure you go swimming with the dolphins, it is so much fun!!!
Summary: overall great stay.. loved it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms and 140 Deluxe rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools ( all heated in winter ), 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava