“Holiday of a life time”

Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Anse La Raie
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My mum and I went on a recommendation of a friend and stayed here. We absolutely loved it, it's small, cozy and extremely friendly. All the staff spoilt us especially Rakesh (the manager). He upgraded us, let us be all inclusive.. It was wonderful.

Being that my mum and I were two single women we were a little worried that it would be mostly honeymooners but to be honest it's such a spacious hotel we never really saw anyone until the evenings.

Rakesh gave us an option to stay at one of the sister hotels which we took eagerly as it was the first time on the island for me. It was all fantastic! I have to admit I did miss the paradise cove but the other hotel was just as nice!

The hotel itself, is stylish and very clean. I would definitely recommend if you want home from home comforts with that added extra!!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Melbusb

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had 2 weeks here on all inclusive basis end nov and it is well worth doing as all restaurant is included only lobster and giant prawns cost extra.The staff all looked after us brilliantly especially Deepak and Sangeeta in the dining areas where also if you don't like anything they will gladly prepare something else,and Michael in the bar,always ready to knock up a cocktail.The setting of the rooms means you are never far from the warm sea (ours was 30 feet)and our room was very comfortable although the pillow was hard but reception will sort any problems.We would love to return to this small personable hotel one day as the relaxation factor is the highest we have known

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank whitehousem1
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We recently stayed 4 nights at Paradise Cove.
Having stayed at 3 different luxury hotels on the Island we found this boutique hotel to have by far the best food. With 4 different restaurant options we found the service ,choice and quality was outstanding not to mention the amazing atmosphere and view that you have from all the tables.
Even though it was fully booked it never felt too busy or too crowded. The rooms are newly refurbished and all have a balcony or a terrace facing the cove.
The staff are very helpful and friendly at all times.
This hotel is one of the few adults only hotels on the Island and you can really notice the peace and quiet, which makes it perfect for a romantic holiday!
Big thank you to all staff and management for making our stay amazing, we are definitely coming back!

Patrick & Jenny

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick O
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We recently returned from a 10 night stay at Paradise Cove. Overall we were very pleased with our choice as we wanted a quiet relaxing break. The weather is very good on this northern part of the island. The grounds are beautiful with many choices of where to sit so you can have a different view every day. We favoured the private huts on the seaward side as the view was lovely and there was always a cooling breeze. Most of the huts here and on the lagoon side had towels placed on the loungers very early in the morning (one of our friends saw someone go out at 5am!). This is something the hotel needs to address but I think they were beginning to try during our stay.
There are two beautiful swimming pools, the infinity pool has a superb view. You can also swim in the sea or in the lagoon. The young boys that run the boathouse do tend to speed along in their boats quite close to the shore but this is only at certain times of day.
The food was great. I am gluten free and the staff would remember this and give me advice on what I could have from the menu. We were all inclusive which I think was a good idea. The house wine was cheap plonk but you could get used to it. The waiters were very attentive and would come to take drinks orders when you were on your sunbeds which felt rather decadent. I have to say the service was very good and all staff were extremely polite and pleasant. Everything was very clean.
We booked prior to the renovation and paid a bit extra for a Pondicherry Room. This is now classed as the lowest grade Deluxe Room so double check your room if booking by the old system. We had also requested a first floor room but were given a ground floor one. Having said that, we had a lovely view from our patio doors of the lagoon. The room itself was a bit basic, not luxurious. The bed was huge but hard pillows. Towels were changed twice daily.
We took the catamaran trip to one of the northern islands (Euro 30pp) which was very enjoyable. The snorkelling was pleasant but not on a par with, for instance, the Maldives.
All in all a quiet friendly hotel and a great holiday. We certainly returned very refreshed.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaniK970
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We just arrived back home feeling really chilled out after a truly relaxing 6 night stay at this beautiful resort to celebrate our 4th anniversary.

All rooms are facing the cove which I found ideal for a pre-breakfast swim. Being up early most days I often saw people reserving beds with their towels which I thought was a bit unnecessary as it always seemed easy enough to find a good spot after breakfast.

The beds are huge and comfortable for those wanting something firm. My wife has a bad back and these kind of mattresses are ideal for her.

The staff were amazing throughout our stay, starting with the warmest of welcomes by Rakesh. While Sangeeta and Sanjeet made mealtimes a joy.

Thanks to all at Paradise Cove for making our holiday a special one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank petearch
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Checked in here for 5 nights last week after 4 nights at Long Beach.

Not a fair comparison as they are both two different hotels aimed at different markets BUT!

This hotel has recently been refurbished and although they have done a good make over it still feels a "cheap" refit. Essentially rooms have had new furniture and a new paint job. The bathrooms have also been "half done". New walk in showers and basins but the modern wall tiles are obviously new whilst the floor tiles are remaining from the previous incarnation and don't end up making the bathroom feel luxury. Not a major worry but certainly did not give the hotel a special feel.

Wardrobe space was hopeless for two people with limited hanging area and 8 hangers! I immediately requested more hangers and the very slow service at the hotel meant it took two hours and three further phone calls to make this happen.

Then we come to the bed! A previous review had warned of the prison like hardness of the bed and I can confirm that after two sleepless nights my wife and I threatened to check out as it was spoiling our vacation.

It was only when our travel agent intervened did the hotel provide a thick "mattress topper" to at least allow us some sleep for the remaining nights of our stay. Rather frustrating to have to ask to get this done, especially when it appears some rooms already had these and we had booked a suite.

Food and beverage was ok. Nothing amazing and haphazard with intermittent service. I like to take my time eating but three hours for two courses tests my limits at times. All staff were excellent but the best food is to be had at lunchtime at Blue restaurant overlooking the sea and run by the excellent Sangeeta. She is a superb member of staff and is the reason to eat here!

Gym- This is poor. Old equipment and cramped in. The treadmill was in my opinion dangerous with a slipping belt causing it to function poorly. Weights were like something out of a 1960's Eastern block hotel and again these sorts of things left me thinking that the hotel wants to be seen in a higher class but truly it never will be.

However the hotel is in a superb location, with a lovely infinity pool and love nests overlooking the sea which now brings me to the biggest issue management have to sort out as this was a concern for all guests we spoke too.

The Love nests are what makes this hotel special. they overlook the lagoon and the sea but having to get up at 5am... yes 5am to put towels on to reserve is simply ridiculous. To make matters worse most guests who did this then didn't arrive until 11am! Selfish beyond belief.

The hotel need a policy or a pool attendant to prevent this from happening. It didn't frustrate me too much as we simply got a bed by the pool but for all the "loved up" honeymooners I would have been very angry.

Overall though we had a great time but this is a hotel where is a few areas they could do better.

Food and beverage is that main area and from our opinion and others it lacks leadership. the staff were charming but ineffectual.

Room Tip: There are better hotels to go for in Mauritius. Check the bed as soon as you get your room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for our first anniversary. It was,from the moment we arrived an amazing experience, and one I would thoroughly recommend to other couples. The newly renovated hotel is a dream, its beautiful, and warm and just wow. The rooms are lovely, our "sea" view wasn't quite that, but it was surrounded by palm trees, and birds and secluded and just as lovely. The staff are polite, friendly and helpful. The restaurants are wonderful, especially the seafood restaurant (book when you arrive) and the rooms were always cleaned, it was amazing to come back from dinner and find your room was clean and ready for a relaxing evening on the balcony. The grounds are lovely, full of amazing plants and birds, and the two pools and sun loungers, what a way to spend a day. Couldn't have asked for more, and don't have anything to criticize, I really don't. Lovely place for couples wanting some quiet time together, in the most romantic of settings. Well done Paradise Cove.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the speciality restaurants on your first day, otherwise they book up fast and you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Constance Prince Maurice
Constance Prince Maurice
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq

Been to Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!