“Not likely to return”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Waterloo
Plattsburg NY
“Not likely to return”
Reviewed October 25, 2006

After a long day of driveing check in was OK! Then get your hikeing shoes on because it seemed like a mile to the lobby. The resteraunt I found horrible. Waitress had such a terrible attitude. It was like order then leave me alone. Got an overpriced steak that was a hunk of cow underdone and like eating a shoe . Was told to help myself to the salad bar when I lifted a cloth covering some rolls a swarm of fruit flys hit me in the face needless to say no salad bar for me. My mom tryed a little from one of the salads far from the rolls but looking strange just the same. She sat down took two bites and the waitress came over picked up her salad plate obviously still full, not an I'm sorry, or excuse me, just picked up her salad and plopped down her meal. After dinner then hike back to the room. The room was ok but bathroom tiny. I ate breakfast at a little diner the next day not wanting to return to the fruit fly buffet. The room was overpriced in my opinion. There were lemonade and cookies in the lobby the lemonade dispencer was beyond dirty with a film of black scum on the outside. The straw that broke the camels back! Never again.

• Liked — pool looked ok
  • Disliked — restaurant, layout of hotel, price
  • Tips/Secrets — Run away!
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank fairfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2006

We stayed in this hotel over the Labour Day weekend, we were on a shopping trip via bus and had no option other than to stay where they choice. When we first entered the room we noticed that the carpet was not vacuumed, when my daughter went to open the curtains she found the entire shear was ripped, then onto the bathroom, the tub had hair in it from another person - EEK, well I went to complain and was told by the time we came back from shopping the room would be clean. WRONG!!!, Tub still had hair in it and the place was not vacuumed, well to say the least we did not take off our shoes and I had to attempt to clean the tub myself. The next morning I went to use the hair dryer that is supplied by the hotel and BAM it almost blew up right in my face, I was able to get a new hair dryer (teenager daughter would have had a fit) left a note for extra towels and to make sure they vacuumed, never did, not enough kleenes or toilet paper, they must not stock up the second day and there only was one garbage can in the bathroom, after a long day of shopping you need more than one waste can. Ate breakfast the first morning in the hotel - too expensive, went to McDonalds the second day, heard complaints from other folks on the bus that the service was slow and the staff were not very friendly. I heard that the rooms were going for $140.00 US a night on the Saturday night, not worth it.
Do yourself a favour and before you check in ask to see the room, before pay.
CHEERS

• Liked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — look before you pay
  • Stayed September 2006
5 Thank RosaElliott
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed September 16, 2006

I read online reviews and this seemed like the place to go. A little more than other hotels in the area (of which there are only a few) but seemed to be worth the extra cost. Wrong!

After a long day driving, I stopped here to get some rest, shower, and some decent food. While the front desk staff were FABULOUS - professional, helpful, friendly, quick to respond, and absolutely willing to help, the hotel itself was not! First, there is no elevator. Had to lug my bags upstairs myself.

Secone, once in the room, I went to open the curtains and the curtain rod fell off the hook and into my hand. I manually opened the curtains to see a very dirty window and some dead insects that like me, had tried to get out of the room. I took a tissue out of the box and it was the last one. Called for an extra box and it was delivered pronto! Then turned on the table lamp and the lightbulb blew. No matter, I just wanted to shower and rest. The shower curtain was covered in mold and the reason may be that there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom which also explains why the metal fixtures below the toilet are rusting.

Dinner - okay, but nothing to recommend. I was too tired to drive anywhere so was grateful that there was something on site. Okay, so time for bed - wow, were these beds ever worn! I reserved the breakfast package for $5 extra with my room which was a good deal because the bufftet would have cost me $7.99 plus tax otherwise. (Made to order was also available a la carte but I wonder if the server simply scooped up what you wanted from the buffet line.) Breakfast was interesting - mixture of hot and cold foods although the bread for the toast was stale, the bacon was overdone (getting crisper every minute), the juice boxes had expired months earlier, and the silverware had water stains all over them. Other than a great front desk staff, this place had little to offer and paying $130 for the experience was a ripoff if you ask me.

• Liked — The front desk staff
  • Disliked — The room and the price
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the Microtel in town
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank civil-warrior
Manchester, UK
Reviewed October 24, 2005

This hotel is in a great location for the wine tasting region of Seneca.

The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable.

The staff were friendly, helpful and professional.

Would recommend.

2 Thank AllyS
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2005

We felt this was a nice place. The lobby was very warm and inviting with comfy couches, candles burning, and complimentary coffe and lemonade!
Real nice touches. That staff was very friendly and helpful throughout. There was a game/book shelf in the lobby for borrowing during your stay HOW NICE! The restaurant had a breakfast buffet that was great and a value. Our 2 children ate free. The pool area was beautiful and very relaxing. We're not sure the pool was actually heated! (it was pretty cold)
There were alot of sitting areas throughout the hallways. The room we stayed in was clean, had a coffemaker and blowdryer. They also accepted pets. We would definetely stay again and recommend this hotel.

3 Thank kijocoz
Miami
Reviewed September 7, 2005

Stayed here on a short trip to the Finger Lakes area. The hotel is very nice, well maintained and quiet. Rooms were large and clean. The small gym was nice but the equipment quite outdated. No free breakfast but the restaurant serves a reasonable buffet and has a good menu selection. Hotel is centrally located to the Finger Lakes area. I also would recommend Emily's restaurant not too far away. Glad I stayed here rather than in Geneva which looked a bit run down.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank jt57
Philly suburbs
Reviewed August 28, 2005

We just came back from a lovely long weekend in the Finger Lakes.
There are not many moderate priced hotels in the area, but this was one of the better ones. The rooms were nice and the staff very friendly. There was a small gym, pool and a tennis court located in the hotel. The hotel was a good bargin for the area, I would stay there again. We had great acess to the vineyards, outlet malls and resturants. They have a nice buffet breakfast too.

2 Thank Mindalah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!