“GREAT DINNER AND SERVICE”

Abigails Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prepare to be delighted! Check out our full lunch menu and lunch buffet available Monday-Friday from 11:30am until 2pm. Enjoy a family dinner or cozy dinner for two with a full menu including everything from pastas to seafood and burgers to steaks. Open nightly. Full bar available. Children's menu available.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had not been to Abigail's Restaurant in a long time and decided to try it again after shopping at the Waterloo Outlet Mall. It is very close to the Thruway Exit for Waterloo (Exit 41 I believe). We were not disappointed. The restaurant had done some updating since our last visit...with new carpeting and updated bath facilities. We were cordially greeted by a hostess who made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Their menu is still quite extensive, as we remembered from previous visits. Tables were covered in cloth linens with cloth napkins. They have a nice salad bar which includes hot soup and bread and comes with all entrees. After eating salad, bread and soup, we almost didn't want our entrees! However, we enjoyed our large portioned entrees and took some home for the next day. I ordered the shrimp scampi which had large shrimp in a garlic butter sauce over spaghetti. It was delicious. We will be back and recommend this nice comfortable restaurant which is an easy off/on the NYS Thruway.

1  Thank eyerishwoman

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This week my two teenage granddaughters and I stayed overnight in Seneca Falls for a shopping trip. We chose Abigail's Restaurant for dinner even though I had looked previously to the reviews. I must say I am happy we chose to dine there. There is a very extensive menu and the food was excellent. The salad bar far exceeds most other restaurants. Homemade soup outstanding. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Willing to take time to chat w/us. For the reviewer who said it was rundown, I disagree. The carpet has been replaced, the restaurant was very clean (including bathroom), nice white tablecloths & cloth napkins on all tables - very presentable. Both the dining room and bar area were nicely decorated. We definitely will be returning to Abigail's and highly recommend it to others.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family has chosen this restaurant several times for reunions. The food was very tasty and hot, the salad and soup bar were good too. Was disappointed with the cheesecake slice I ordered, this year and last. I'm not a picky person but I chose the key lime cheesecake and it was a good sized plain slice with a lime wedge on top and last year, I chose the plain cheesecake and it was literally a child-size sliver for $5! What I really didn't like was that the menus are on a cardboard-type paper and there were food stains on them :( The tablecloths were also stained. I would say it's an okay place.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

we've stopped here for dinners over the past 6 or 7 years when we visit the fingerlakes area. each time we stop, it seems a little more needy. place can seat a whole lot of people. building looks like it needs some sprucing up from the outside, and the carpeting and setting inside is dark and somewhat dated. big thing here is the salad bar w/soup. it used to contain numerous hot items as well, to the point that you hardly felt like eating your entree. this time, it was just an ok salad bar with a hot soup. entree was disappointed, chicken parm. tasted dry and tough, either frozen, or overcooked, or both. waitress didn't ask how our meals were, perhaps she already knew. it was mid week, and there were a few patrons dining this nite. i have memories that it was much better in the past. next year, i think we'll forego abigails and try something new

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Wow, what a throw-back to the mid 70's. The decor and menu were straight out of the mid 1970's. The staff was friendly, however, they were told right up front that were are Vegetarians, yet he still suggested we try the homemade clam chowder....with BACON.....ummm what! The food was just okay. O'well, cross another restaurant off our list!