“MAGNIFICENT CANAL & LAKE VIEWS WITH GOOD FOOD”
Review of Crow's Nest

Crow's Nest
Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Seasonal waterfront restaurant situated on scenic Seneca Lake and the Seneca-Cayuga Canal. Outdoor Bar. Live Music Saturday Nights during the summer season. Open April to September 30
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,074 helpful votes
“MAGNIFICENT CANAL & LAKE VIEWS WITH GOOD FOOD”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Preparing to post my review, I noticed some very unfavorable reviews. I wondered if we all ate at the same restaurant because I had a very good experience there.

The Crow’s Nest is located at end of a public area near Stivers Seneca Marina on the shore of the northern tip of Lake Seneca at its connection with the Seneca-Cayuga Canal. It is also conveniently located on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail.

There is indoor and outdoor seating. The patio under some trees has umbrella tables overlooking a busy area for marine traffic. This is a great vantage point for magnificent views of the lake and canal. BRING YOUR CAMERA.

It also has a sizable outdoor bar under a roof-like structure with open sides. There is another bar area down on a dock next to the Stivers houseboat that looked ideal for a private function. There is also an indoor bar. The place is well maintained. The deck area appears to have undergone some recent improvements.

On my visit, I was seated promptly. Service was good. I had no complaints.

The menu is that of a waterfront restaurant. Appetizers include Manhattan Clam Chowder, Crab Cake, steamers, potato fries, and nachos in the $8.95 to $10.95 range.

Boater Baskets include Clam Strips at $12.95, Fried Scallops at $14.95, Fried Shrimp at $14.95, and Sailor’s Fish & Fries at $10.95.

There are several salad plates at $11.95 and $12.95.

Sandwiches include Captain’s Burger at $12.95, Crewer’s Quesadillas at $10.95, Pulled Pork at $9.95, North Shore Grilled Chicken at $10.95, Blackened Mahi Mahi at $12.95, and Grilled N.Y. Reuben at $10.95.

Dinner selections include N.Y. Strip Steak at $22.95, Lake View Chicken Piccata at $17.95, Baked Lemon-Crusted Haddock at $8.95, Fisherman’s Platter at $19.95, Barbecue Easy Ribs at $17.95, and several other entrées.

Beverages include craft brews from Climbing Bines Craft Ale Co. and Naked Dove Brewing Co. and wines from several vineyards around Seneca Lake, Dr. Frank on Keuka Lake, and a couple from Cayuga Lake.

I ordered the Grilled N.Y. Reuben at $10.95. It came with French fries.
It was a 15-minute wait. The food looked very good and tasted good. The corned beef was NOT DELI MEAT; it was REAL CORNED BEEF. I was pleased with the meal. BRING YOUR APPETITE. Portions are beyond ample.

It was a very relaxing atmosphere to eat by the shore of Seneca Lake.

I was glad I ate here. On any return trip to Waterloo again, I will eat here again.

I recommend The Crow’s Nest to anyone vesting the Seneca Falls-Waterloo-Geneva area.

The Lunch Menu is served all day.

The restaurant suggests reservations at dinnertime which starts at 4:30 PM.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

4 Thank Maurene_K

Port Dover, Canada
“Memorable family dinner”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our family enjoyed dinner overlooking Seneca Lake from the outdoor patio of the Crow's Nest. Service was friendly and prompt. Food was very good. I enjoyed the seafood platter with scallops, shrimp and haddock.

Cicero, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Where do I begin! Everything from the time it took to be seated to our server being extremely unpleasant then the food being cold and at best mediocre. It probably would behoove the servers to give out prices when reciting the specials, rice, four scallops and some cut in veggies was the SPECIAL I ordered and was quite surprised when the cost was $27.00!! Needless to say never again!

1 Thank Dee M
Lewiston, Maine
“Lunch with a view”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Go to the Crow's Nest. The outside patio makes it worth it even if the food was mediocre and it wasn't. We had an appetizer of Frickles. Don't ask. Get them. They come out piping hot and flavorful. The sandwiches at lunch were delicious. If you get the Northern Grilled Chicken, ask for the aioli as an extra amount on the side. It needs more to bring out the flavor. Otherwise, I would have given them 5 stars.
The view is spectacular. The boats and the lake are beautiful and it is set up in such a way that you feel like your are in a private world.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 2014Travelinghappy
“Horrible everything”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

When I called to make a reservation the man who answered the phone was very rude and snotty. Upon arriving I was greeted as if my date and I were an inconvenience (on a monday night, mind you we had made a reservation). We were sat at a cheap plastic table. The service was incredibly slow and apathetic, the waitresses just stood around talking. My fish was way overcooked and tasted rubbery. My date waited 15 minutes to get the mayonnaise that should have came with her meal, and our waitress never checked up on us, in 90 degree heat we sat with empty glasses waiting for more drinks. No apologies, no "sorry for the wait" nothing. These people know that their clientele are mostly tourists who wont be returning, so they don't care to give them a good experience. Overpriced garbage. The only time I have ever left without tipping.

2 Thank Stephen R