“Rehearsal Dinner Location” 1 of 5 bubbles

Crow's Nest
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seasonal waterfront restaurant situated on scenic Seneca Lake and the Seneca-Cayuga Canal. Outdoor Bar. Live Music Saturday Nights during the summer season. Open April to September 30
Buffalo, New York
“Rehearsal Dinner Location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We booked this restaurant a year in advance for our wedding rehearsal dinner. Ownership changed hands during the time leading up to our event, and the quality of service noticeably diminished under new ownership. Despite numerous issues by the Crow's Nest (for example messing up the type of bar we wanted, not serving pre-dinner salads as we requested and skimping on the air-conditioning) we had a GREAT time celebrating with family and friends. However, after the event we were held captive for over an hour while we waited for the restaurant to calculate our bill (something that should not have taken more than 15 minutes). Since that time, we have repeatedly tried to obtain an itemized receipt for the charges (we suspect we were charged for the salads we never received), but the Crow's Nest staff still has not sent us the receipt (almost two months later now). Would NOT recommend this restaurant for an event!!!

3 Thank HeatherMaeF

Holden, Massachusetts
“Things have changed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I had a lovely lunch here after seeing their new signage from the road. We met the owner who told us they have only taken on the restaurant in the last year, so perhaps the problems encountered by the previous reviewer were a fluke. I must say we really enjoyed our lunch on the outside deck which has plenty of shade and a lovely view of the canal and marina. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Our drink order was taken right away, and our food arrived quickly. The food was a step above the usual burgers and sandwiches available at many waterfront places (though they have those too) and provides a great option for boaters. My husband's roast beef and bleu cheese sandwich was juicy and flavorful, and my poached pear salad with walnuts and local goat cheese was very refreshing on a hot day. The wine list contained a good selection of Finger Lakes wines as well as a few from elsewhere. We will be returning, as we live in the area, and can recommend it to visitors as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank karylj2000
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brutal service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

The service was probably the worst I ever had. The food was decent but nothing special.

1 Thank bill789
Finger Lakes, NY
“Stay away - Unacceptable service, beautiful location, food not too great”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

This restaurant is such a travesty. They could not have a better spot on the lake and right near the city of Geneva. Beautiful views abound and it's fairly well built but the service was the worst I have ever experienced anywhere.

First, we came in a large group with a reservation on a quiet Wednesday night. Our table was located directly in the sun with no shades provided on the windows. I actually was sunburned on my face from eating inside the restaurant as I had to look directly into the sun for the entire evening. Such a simple fix.
We sat down and 15 minutes later our DRINK order was taken. Another 15 minutes later, drinks arrived (one guest had to order a drink 3 times before it was correct- a Shirley Temple) My drink was the wrong size, another drink was sprite but surprise, the bar had hooked up soda water to the sprite tap yesterday and no one had fixed it yet.. After 45 minutes, they took our food orders. Food arrived fairly promptly - about 20 minutes later (this is now65 minutes since our arrival) and was passable, all the salmon was overcooked, and the pizza was half burnt, but the portions were huge and the fish fry was good.
Now the problem came with the drinks and service. Remember that hot sun in my face? I spent the next hour attempting to get a WATER refill (I asked 3 times for a refill of my completely empty glass which I NEVER received. It's bad enough I had to actually ask to have a water refilled, but 3 times to no avail?), drink refills were ordered and never arrived until after the bill arrived. Our waitress was confused often and no one attempted to fix the situation even though the restaurant was not busy. She never asked how our food was, we had to flag her down for everything, and 70% of what we needed never arrived. I'd say this was a fluke, but if you look up this restaurant on other sites, they have had issues like this for years. I used to waitress myself and I know how hard it is, we were not making difficult requests - can we have some ketchup, i need some water or a lemon. Not asking her to change anything.
They did their best to ruin an evening that my entire family has been looking forward to for a year, a reunion of cousins from all across the country. We left as soon as we could get her to take the bill after wasting 3 hours of our lives at this place. Such a shame as all this place needs is some simple shades and new staff with proper training to be a success. I am not a complainer, read my other reviews, but I was so dissappointed. Stay away or you are wasting your money.

• Visited June 2011